He doesn’t know the names of any songs.

I’ll go second:

Money, money, money always sunny in the rich man’s world – ABBA

Knowing Me, Knowing You A-HA – Alan Partridge rendition of ABBA

I (Can’t Get No) Satisfaction – The Rolling Stones

Creep – Radiohead

I touched you…  -  Taylor Swift

On 7/21/2024 at 9:29 AM, joebean said:

Trump will win. Some of his policies will cause the world some discomfort but the world won’t come to an end and foreign dictatorships won’t flourish from it. The US will see a rise in prosperity and UK/US relations will be on standstill. Liberals will gnash their teeth and cry the end of everything but nothing much will change, here or anywhere else in the world. Get over it. 

I wish I had your optimism and certainty:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/may/26/what-is-project-2025-trump

• Like 1

13 hours ago, code99 said:

What I have scan read of it (and watched videos about) it seems like someone read the Handmaiden's Tale and thought to themselves "you know what, a fundamentalist ethno-"religious" unfettered capitalist state that treats women as property with almost no autonomy, that doesn't sound all that bad".

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, code99 said:

Quoting The Guardian as an indication of what might happen as a result of a Trump presidency is a desperate method of confirming an opinion. Let’s remind ourselves that Trump has been the US President before. I agree that some of his foreign policy opinions are ill-conceived, but the end of the world and life as we know it is not threatened. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, joebean said:

. Let’s remind ourselves that Trump has been the US President before.  

And how did that end?

instead of relying on the guardian, just familiarise yourself project 2025 and listen to what he says.

51 minutes ago, joebean said:

Quoting The Guardian as an indication of what might happen as a result of a Trump presidency is a desperate method of confirming an opinion. Let’s remind ourselves that Trump has been the US President before. I agree that some of his foreign policy opinions are ill-conceived, but the end of the world and life as we know it is not threatened. 

• Cut overtime protections for 4.3 million workers
  • Stop efforts to lower prescription drug prices
  • Limit access to food assistance, which an average of more than 40 million people in 21.6 million households rely on monthly
  • Eliminate the Head Start early education program, which serves over 1 million children annually
  • Cut American Rescue Plan (ARP) programs that have created or saved 220,000 jobs
  • Restrict access to medication abortion
  • Push more of the 33 million people enrolled in Medicare towards Medicare Advantage and other worse, private options
  • Expose the 368,000 children in foster care to risk of increased discrimination
  • Deny students in 25 states and Washington, D.C. access to student loans because their state provides in-state tuition to undocumented immigrants
  • Roll back civil rights protections across multiple fronts, including cutting diversity, equity, and inclusion-related (DEI) programs and LGBTQ+ rights in health care, education, and workplaces

The People’s Guide to Project 2025 - Democracy Forward

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, joebean said:

You and @quilp need to go and look at Project 2025 and the people involved.  A lot of them were members of the previous Trump administration.  Trump himself has tried to distance himself from the group behind it but has in fact spoken at some of their events.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RecklessAbandon said:

Is that a "I don't - because I have already read it" or a "I don't because I already agree with it"?

The former. Rick Perlstein is correct when basically he states that most of what Project 2025 opines is unlikely to see fruition. I'd agree.

You all seem to be fearfully convinced that it's going to be a walk-over for Trump. I wouldn't be betting on that just yet...

1 minute ago, quilp said:

The former. Rick Perlstein is correct when basically he states that most of what Project 2025 opines is unlikely to see fruition. I'd agree.

You all seem to be fearfully convinced that it's going to be a walk-over for Trump. I wouldn't be betting on that just yet...

No-one thought Roe V Wade would be under threat, but here we are.

• Like 1