Offensive beach graffiti

Bosley

11 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Was duty advocate all last week. One call out was for £4 cannabis ( on the Police inflated valuation scale - so £2 in reality - £1 in Liverpool )

All that is wrong with the police in the above sentence 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It’s also criminal damage.

Its not automatically illegal under s3 POA, context is everything.

Well someone reported it so I'm guessing they found the writing harassing, alarming or distressing. 

6 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Well someone reported it so I'm guessing they found the writing harassing, alarming or distressing. 

Huge assumption. They’ve seen graffiti and reported it. 

As I’ve said, for s.3 you’d have to take into account context to decide if it was harassing, alarming or distressing.

5 minutes ago, John Wright said:

As I’ve said, for s.3 you’d have to take into account context to decide if it was harassing, alarming or distressing.

Criminal damage, poa its kind of a moot point. Amadeus was questioning if it was illegal I gave 1 example of what crime could have been committed.

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

Does annoying cut it? 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, WTF said:

are swastikas handed like the 3 legs is supposed to be or is it considered a wehrmacht symbol in  both directions ?

Clearly they’re on the look out for a couple of gay nazis who like painting rainbow Swastika’s on stones.

52 minutes ago, WTF said:

are swastikas handed like the 3 legs is supposed to be or is it considered a wehrmacht symbol in  both directions ?

It’s exactly like the triskellion or trinacron. They can go either way and be standing or at an angle.

Apart from government flags there is no official way for the three legs to run. And even the government chosen direction is very recent.

Somewhere ive a chrome and enamel cigarette case that was a souvenir from the 1936 Berlin Olympics, the swastika runs the opposite way to the Nazi one.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

Was duty advocate all last week. One call out was for £4 cannabis ( on the Police inflated valuation scale - so £2 in reality - £1 in Liverpool )

John,  what happens when you get these call outs? What’s your role as duty advocate in such circumstances? 
Why are you needed in such circumstances? Are the police allowed to use their discretion, if so is your presence just a formality or legal requirement?

Thanks

1 hour ago, WTF said:

According to Mr Wiki:

The word swastika comes from Sanskrit: स्वस्तिक, romanizedsvastika, meaning 'conducive to well-being' In Hinduism, the right-facing symbol (clockwise) () is called swastika, symbolizing surya ('sun'), prosperity and good luck, while the left-facing symbol (counter-clockwise) () is called sauvastika, symbolising night or tantric aspects of Kali.

So there's a difference, unlike the three legs, which as John says has always been fairly random.

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

So looks like some kids were being stupid. Non story, next.

Agreed.  Even if the graffiti said king Charles is gay, it's not worthy of a police investigation let alone forensics.

The young lad I mentioned earlier had his only form of transport stolen and couldn't even get a call back.  He should have said someone sprayed a swastika on it.

11 hours ago, FatRoundMiddle said:

The swastika is still a symbol used by neo Nazi organisations and is hugely offensive to Jews, homosexuals, those with a disability or just anyone with common decency. 

And Freemasons, dont forget the Freemasons.

Edited by mollag