Passports to use the tip

Bosley

5 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I fully understand the way it works currently, but reform is the first thing that should be happening.

Gov should then just charge each authority one set fee based per head population.

With all the admin gone, we would be back to sensible waste pricing.

Agreed.  But we don't have that arrangement now, meanwhile non-ratepayers are using a service paid for by other ratepayers.  

Edited by Gladys

In my neck of the woods, we book a slot at the recycling centre through the council website,  they send a confirmation pass which you show on arrival,  we were all aghast at this when first mentioned, but turns out quite painless and no long queues anymore

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, homeoneday said:

In my neck of the woods, we book a slot at the recycling centre through the council website,  they send a confirmation pass which you show on arrival,  we were all aghast at this when first mentioned, but turns out quite painless and no long queues anymore

If you pass that information to the DoI, they will contract RingGo to handle the deal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

To be honest this would have completely screwed me a few years ago.

I was moving house and got a hire van.  First job was loading up the van with all the stuff that had been deemed 'rubbish'.  Went to the Douglas tip and was informed that my van was too tall!  A rule brought in to stop tradies dumping stuff for free.  This was despite the fact that the van clearly had HIRE written on the sides.  But flexible and understanding they were not. 

Me comparing them to Nazi's went predictably poorly.  Option 2 was fly tipping.  Option 3 was phoning a friend in Peel for his address and going to the western site, pretending I was him.  I even had some kippers and my slutty looking niece in the van to add to the disguise. 

• Haha 5

26 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

To be honest this would have completely screwed me a few years ago.

I was moving house and got a hire van.  First job was loading up the van with all the stuff that had been deemed 'rubbish'.  Went to the Douglas tip and was informed that my van was too tall!  A rule brought in to stop tradies dumping stuff for free.  This was despite the fact that the van clearly had HIRE written on the sides.  But flexible and understanding they were not. 

Me comparing them to Nazi's went predictably poorly.  Option 2 was fly tipping.  Option 3 was phoning a friend in Peel for his address and going to the western site, pretending I was him.  I even had some kippers and my slutty looking niece in the van to add to the disguise. 

can i have your nieces number please ?? 

( YES ITS A FUCKING JOKE TO ALL THE WANT TO BE OFFENDED TOSSERS OUT THERE )

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, WTF said:

can i have your nieces number please ?? 

( YES ITS A FUCKING JOKE TO ALL THE WANT TO BE OFFENDED TOSSERS OUT THERE )

I am offended by the lack of an apostrophe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4