Passports to use the tip

Bosley

9 hours ago, Happier diner said:

They don't have much household waste I guess

....but surely that is a reason for Bride to withdraw from the amalgamated scheme????

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

What island rates? 

I live in Douglas. I get 2 rates bills, one from Douglas Corporation, and one from Isle of Man government.  I can accept the Douglas one funding 'local' services, surely the IoM bill, that everyone gets regardless of location, funds stuff around the Island?

3 hours ago, Bombay Bad Boy said:

I live in Douglas. I get 2 rates bills, one from Douglas Corporation, and one from Isle of Man government.  I can accept the Douglas one funding 'local' services, surely the IoM bill, that everyone gets regardless of location, funds stuff around the Island?

The one from the givernment is your water rates.  The cost of rubbish disposal is in the Douglas rates bill. 

8 hours ago, Gladys said:

The one from the givernment is your water rates.  The cost of rubbish disposal is in the Douglas rates bill. 

Is it!  That goverment bill for my property is in excess of £1000.  I live on my own.  A house close by has three generations living in it, which seems grossly unfair that l pay the same rate bill.   In the UK, a family member has been accessed for her water usage, her water bill has been reduced by over 50% by the water provider.

Edited by Lilly
I for we!
  • Like 2

On 7/23/2024 at 4:32 PM, The Phantom said:

To be honest this would have completely screwed me a few years ago.

Nah. 

On 7/23/2024 at 4:32 PM, The Phantom said:

Me comparing them to Nazi's went predictably poorly.  Option 2 was fly tipping.  Option 3 was phoning a friend in Peel for his address and going to the western site, pretending I was him. 

Option 4 - Tels. 

11 hours ago, Kopek said:

....but surely that is a reason for Bride to withdraw from the amalgamated scheme????

I meant that homeless people don't have much household waste. Why should those in Bride be excluded, dont they go to the northern site

13 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Why should those in Bride be excluded, dont they go to the northern site

Not any more:

At the present time we are asking visitors to the site to bring some form of identification (such as a utility bill dated within the last 3 months) to prove that they are resident in Ballaugh, Lezayre, Garff (Maughold), Andreas, Jurby or Ramsey. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Not any more:

At the present time we are asking visitors to the site to bring some form of identification (such as a utility bill dated within the last 3 months) to prove that they are resident in Ballaugh, Lezayre, Garff (Maughold), Andreas, Jurby or Ramsey. 

Oh yes I remember now. Bride are no longer contributing. What a ridiculous state of affairs.

I guess the country bumkins in Bride will just keep burying stuff in the ground as they always have