Olympics, Paris, 2024

10 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Not sure why but haven't really got into the olympics this year, I usually enjoy watching but pretty much passed me by, watched a bit of Murray in the Tennis but other than that haven't really seen anything 

Same here. You’re never sure if you are watching honest sports men and women 

Men's 1500 last night was a nail biter.  The Brit was hoisted by his own petard for sure.  He didn't see either of the Yanks coming. 

Women's skateboarding was also really good.  The friendship and camaraderie versus the competiveness shown between the girls is inspiring and what the Olympic spirit should all be about.  One of them put a single feather in her helmet for one of the runs, which I thought was a great metaphor for the grace and aggression of the sport.

Oh and of course Snoop had a great day yesterday too. 

Totally agree re the 1500 , so obsessed with each other not winning both forgot to win. The American ran a clever race but the Norwegian basically handed it to when he gave up inside lane to attempt to block the Jock who was not wise enough to see it coming and the American ran a fantastic tactical race. It’s all about nous in the 1500 and the American had plenty of it.

Mens 400 was also quite a race.

Watched the rhythmic gymnastics today - pretty astonishing the skill level. 

Didn’t see the skateboarding but I’ll try to catch some.

15 hours ago, Anyone said:

Mens 400 was also quite a race.

Similar to the 1500 in the case of overly hyping the Brit I thought, with a virtually identical result. 

I am just gutted that I only found out break dancing was an olympic sport and you don't really need to be that great at it and then finding out it's not going to be part of the 2028 games. Dreams are dashed.

Maybe 1 day they will add sitting on your couch having a beer shouting at the tv while your football team disappoints you again as an Olympic sport haha

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I am just gutted that I only found out break dancing was an olympic sport and you don't really need to be that great at it 

Lol fucking curling is an 'olympic sport', as for breakdancing the skill level is amazing, check out Hiro from Japan 2 minutes in, and then lets see the old chuff on here have a crack... 

6 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

Lol fucking curling is an 'olympic sport', as for breakdancing the skill level is amazing, check out Hiro from Japan 2 minutes in, and then lets see the old chuff on here have a crack... 

I didn't say I would win it I do however think I could be on a level with the Australian woman haha