Jurby Airport?

doc.fixit

34 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

Now tell me Mr Bond, where is this MASTER PLAN that is clearly 'TOP SECRET - PARISH COUNCIL EYES ONLY' in this Manx land of governmental transparency?

Some documents are to be found here:

https://nwinquiry.gov.im/document-library/public-inquiry-papers/

The airport plan is document Infrastructure Constraints North.

As far as that page being THE Draft Area Plan, it seems to be  just a list of other documents that might be relevant.

Maybe there is a real document somewhere, but if there is I guarantee that it will be in the standard IoM gov. style - a kindergarten colouring book style. Plenty of nice photos and no content.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Manx Mole said:

This is the relevant extract the 2024 Airport Master Plan.

received_511813684849640.thumb.jpeg.ed4aa9dade5f491cabdd44a8af1e605f.jpeg

It’s right and proper that things like this are considered, but let’s hope that’s all it turns out to be, just a consideration.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Manx Mole said:

This is the relevant extract the 2024 Airport Master Plan.

received_511813684849640.thumb.jpeg.ed4aa9dade5f491cabdd44a8af1e605f.jpeg

There's the answer 'at some point in the future'.   There would be uproar if there was no contingency and Jurby became unavailable to develop as the main airport. 

• Haha 1

Just when you think that things could not be worse than £100 million for a landing stage, they come up with this.

In case weather patterns change? Is the earth going to switch to a polar orbit or rotate in the other direction?

Fleet changes and destination requirements means they want to fly 747s direct to China.

I would love to see the minutes of the meetings when this was discussed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

Bollocks - airfields are some of the best places for wild life: minimum grass length 8", fenced in therefore protected.

Hear hear - MWT do have a very high opinion of themselves.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lfc84 said:

The weather app on my phone has the location and altitude of the weather station. It's 52ft.

What's the expert opionion on here? Lengthen Ronaldsway airport runway or start new at Jurby ?

fuck planes, even bigger boats is the answer with all this extra water / draft available to water craft.

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

There's the answer 'at some point in the future'.   There would be uproar if there was no contingency and Jurby became unavailable to develop as the main airport. 

It would be cheaper to follow the Scilly Isles and use helicopters. 
I can see it now.   Manx Choppers. 

As I am in the mood for a serious rant...

Meetings such as proposed should be for people to be able to question the contents of a published document (which, in a case like this, should contain extensive details).

It seems that the meeting has been called so that people can discuss a diagram published in low quality on a newspaper site.

There is an extract of a document a few posts above this. The bullet points are marked with little aircraft. That kind of thing really irritates me. Well, actually, it indicates the intellectual level of the person who wrote the document.

Here are some more pictures of little aircraft:

attheairport.jpg.25a8afc85778a4b8c381e02964c02a17.jpg

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

As I am in the mood for a serious rant...

Meetings such as proposed should be for people to be able to question the contents of a published document (which, in a case like this, should contain extensive details).

It seems that the meeting has been called so that people can discuss a diagram published in low quality on a newspaper site.

There is an extract of a document a few posts above this. The bullet points are marked with little aircraft. That kind of thing really irritates me. Well, actually, it indicates the intellectual level of the person who wrote the document.

Here are some more pictures of little aircraft:

attheairport.jpg.25a8afc85778a4b8c381e02964c02a17.jpg

There's already been enough pullers having adventures at our airport...inevitably at our expense.