Racists can’t buy petrol

Idleweiss

Just now, Idleweiss said:

I’m not causing any stir at all. I think it’s a very odd thing for a business to post. I would have expected this sort of thing to be issued by the police on Tweebeat. 

Other than appearing to be rather thick, just what is wrong with you?

• Like 3

I’m not causing any stir at all. I think it’s a very odd thing for a business to post. I would have expected this sort of thing to be issued by the police on Tweebeat. 

It's not up to the police to bar people from a certain shop, nor to tell a shop (within reason) who or who not to bar. It would be a weird thing for the police to post.

• Like 1

Just now, Passing Time said:

Other than appearing to be rather thick, just what is wrong with you?

What’s wrong with you? You appear to be much thicker than me to be honest. I assume that you can grasp basic English to understand what I have said? 

What’s wrong with you? You appear to be much thicker than me to be honest. I assume that you can grasp basic English to understand what I have said? 

No, we can understand basic English, just not your basic position. 

• Like 3

@Idleweiss look at it another way.  If the employee had been racist to the customer then that employee could be fired without needing the police involved.

The employer could effectively blacklist that employee from ever working in their shop again.

None of that requires Police intervention.   The police only need to get involved if a crime has been committed. 

• Like 2

Just now, manxman1980 said:

@Idleweiss look at it another way.  If the employee had been racist to the customer then that employee could be fired without needing the police involved.

Well that would still just be one persons word against another if there were no witnesses to what was actually said. 

4 minutes ago, Idleweiss said:

Well that would still just be one persons word against another if there were no witnesses to what was actually said. 

Why are you assuming there were no witnesses or CCTV?  

8 minutes ago, Idleweiss said:

A criminal case needs to be proven beyond all reasonable doubt. 

An employer would only need a reasonable belief as the burden of proof is lower.

A shop owner can ban a customer from their without any need for evidence at all. (There will be some cases which could be challenged if for example the  reason for the ban was discriminatory for example "no blacks or irish")

46 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

It's like discussing a topic with Crazy Dave...

Nah, Crazy Dave was at least literate.

This is the Cuey/Port Soderick Herald/etc weirdo.

As for the issue, if you’re an arsehole to EVF staff they ban you. They always have done. It’s not news. All Three FM have done is lifted it off EVF’s Facebook page.

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

A criminal case needs to be proven beyond all reasonable doubt. 

An employer would only need a reasonable belief as the burden of proof is lower.

An employer could still well end up in a tribunal by taking one employees word over another if someone has been disciplined for something allegedly said but not witnessed by a third party. They have said in the article they have given the police the CCTV so surely it’s over to them to decide if a crime has been committed rather than a EVF trial by social media?