Southport Stabbings

Tensions are running high in Liverpool after the knife attack in Southport that so far has claimed the life of three little girls. I hope this is a watershed case, and if the lawyers and courts play the 'mental illness' card again like they did in Nottingham and numerous other cases, there'll be riots in Liverpool. I sense the people have had enough.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Some "unofficial" reports I've seen are suggesting that this individual was already the subject of MI5 interest. It would be best to wait for more official confirmation though.

Unbelievably sad ! I cannot believe the change in the country in such a short space of time, this type of news seems almost everyday !

I cannot imagine how those parents feel tonight, heartbreaking !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, asitis said:

this type of news seems almost everyday !

Despite all the failings of this place, there are few days where I don't open the news in the morning and think "Thank fuck I live on the IOM."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Well the UK just needs to rid itself of Islam. It’s not compatible with British culture so they just need to go somewhere that appreciates their point of view and that sadly is not here. The Muslim community in general regard us with contempt. So they might all be better off living in Saudi . Pakistan or Bangladesh. It would suit them better there.

1 minute ago, La Colombe said:

Err, Rwanda is a mainly Christian country. So is Wales. Trashing mosques for this is illogical. 

True , but they were pretty keen on stabbing and genocide and such like.

"Merseyside Police has urged people not to speculate about the identity of the Southport knife attacker.

A 17-year-old boy, born in Cardiff and living in a nearby town, has been arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder.

Earlier police said the name of a suspect circulated on social media was incorrect.

Police said the unrest tonight broke out after calls for a protest near a mosque close to where the attack happened.

Assistant Chief Constable Alex Goss: “There has been much speculation and hypothesis around the status of a 17-year-old male who is currently in police custody and some individuals are using this to bring violence and disorder to our streets.

“We have already said that the person arrested was born in the UK and speculation helps nobody at this time."