Southport Stabbings

10 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

You're right I wasn't groomed but again I knew the difference between right and wrong. 

Grooming is a really poor excuse.

Maybe if she said I take responsibility for my actions I was wrong I might have a bit of sympathy for her.

She was groomed to have a different perception of right and wrong. 

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

If you insist on making posts like that I am going to ask you for the source.

There is a clip on twitter which appears to show this although the context is maybe "don't get involved leave any weapons in the mosque "

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Err, wasn't there an iceberg involved? I dunno.

No, it was those film makers going for the money shot. 

Lol, she said filled it not filmed it!

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, asitis said:

There is a clip on twitter which appears to show this although the context is maybe "don't get involved leave any weapons in the mosque "

I have seen it now.  It does look more like a case of "don't get involved, don't give the police an excuse to arrest you".

Don't know if it was a Police Officer delivering that message or not.  

Both sides could well benefit from a similar message.

• Like 2

It's quite heart warming to see just how pathetic some of the 'protests' have turned out to be. Preston and Nottingham for examples. Liverpool too possibly. Reform have shown their hand too soon and will be put back in their box in due course. There may well be some legitimate concerns but they'll never take the country along with them with this approach. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, HeliX said:

The Begum case is a difficult one. It's pretty clear from interviews that she hasn't the luxury of two braincells to rub together, and she was also groomed from a young age. Not sure I can agree with us effectively removing a perons's citizenship.

It is difficult.  There was a documentary about her around the time she was going through the courts to return.  She was a pathetic character, with  some real tragedy.  

However, from all accounts she was quite active in IS and not a passive actor. It is difficult, but you could easily see that she would still be vulnerable to manipulation if she returned.  It also sent a message to other wannabes. 

Removing citizenship is not something that can be done on a whim and it was fully challenged through the courts.  I am not sure what the alternative was. 

8 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

It’s what she said that informed my dislike of her, not her choice  of drink.

It's a good job you're not named The Voice of Picking up on Jokes.

11 minutes ago, HeliX said:

From yesterday, but Scousers continue to be the best of England

And it’s not a joke retweeting stuff from a self confessed assaulter of women? It’s a good job you’re not the Voice of Expecting To Be  Taken Seriously 

Edited by The Voice of Reason