Southport Stabbings

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

And it’s not a joke retweeting stuff from a self confessed assaulter of women? It’s a good job you’re not the Voice of Expecting To Be  Taken Seriously 

Is the account that posted it somehow relevant to the content of the image?

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

It does impact on its credibility. Would you retweet a post from say Gary Glitter on any particular subject?

I can change it to just a link of the image if you'd like, which will change absolutely nothing.

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

Not really. The damage has been done.

Had it contained a lengthy commentary in the tweet I would understand your concern, but complaining about the account that posted it when the only content is the image is a bit daft fella.

12 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

And it’s not a joke retweeting stuff from a self confessed assaulter of women? It’s a good job you’re not the Voice of Expecting To Be  Taken Seriously 

That said, I've just googled this (as I know nothing about the man) and found that not only is he not self confessed, he was also found not guilty? Or is there something else you're referring to?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/84416.stm

EDIT: Does look like there are other accusations after that, can't really be bothered Googling more to see which are true or not. Doesn't really change the fact that it's just an image.

Edited by HeliX

4 minutes ago, HeliX said:

That said, I've just googled this (as I know nothing about the man) and found that not only is he not self confessed, he was also found not guilty? Or is there something else you're referring to?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/84416.stm

No this

Jonsson subsequently dated footballer Stan Collymore.[24] In June 1998, during the 1998 World Cup, Collymore issued a public apology after he was violent towards Jonsson during an argument in a Paris bar.[24] 

2 hours ago, La Colombe said:

There may well be some legitimate concerns but they'll never take the country along with them with this approach. 

Took me right back to the House of Romanov thinking about the Bolsheviks as the second Duma was abolished.

8 minutes ago, HeliX said:

EDIT: Does look like there are other accusations after that, can't really be bothered Googling more to see which are true or not.

OK, but I usually like to check any sources I rely on to support my arguments.

Are they people who you want to quote to give you credibility 

Skeletons in the wardrobe and all that

• Haha 1

I was watching some of the swimming and athletics earlier, and it struck me how well the athletes from all over the world seem to get along together, despite their competitiveness during the events. Perhaps we should have the athletes running things in the world and the politicians competing in the Olympics.

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

OK, but I usually like to check any sources I rely on to support my arguments.

Are they people who you want to quote to give you credibility 

Skeletons in the wardrobe and all that

Which part of the image relies on him having posted it?

1 minute ago, woolley said:

I was watching some of the swimming and athletics earlier, and it struck me how well the athletes from all over the world seem to get along together, despite their competitiveness during the events. Perhaps we should have the athletes running things in the world and the politicians competing in the Olympics.

According to the bed designers they'd spend the whole time fucking, apparently.