Southport Stabbings

1 minute ago, HeteroErectus said:

The stabbings were terrorism. What did those 3 little girls and the many injured do to that 17 year old? They were at a dance class. 

Honestly. The difference in your comments for the mutilated children of Palestine and the mutilated children of the UK is mind blowing. I do want to remind you and HeliX, I agreed with you both more than anyone on that topic. 

"Stop killing kids" shouldn't be a controversial thing to say. Being pissed off at the people that have repeatedly done and enabled these acts upon our children (whether Palestinian or British) is absolutely acceptable. 

One, it was murder and attempted murder.  There was (publicly knowledge available) no religious or political motivation to indicate it was a terrorist attack.

"Stop killing kids" is not a controversial thing to say.  Burning down a Citizens Advice and a Greggs because Farage told you that brown people are the reason you have a shit job and a can of Stella is so expensive is controversial.

I notice that when Dunblane happened, the right wing weren't out burning down the country

11 minutes ago, HeteroErectus said:

The stabbings were terrorism. What did those 3 little girls and the many injured do to that 17 year old? They were at a dance class. 

Honestly. The difference in your comments for the mutilated children of Palestine and the mutilated children of the UK is mind blowing. I do want to remind you and HeliX, I agreed with you both more than anyone on that topic. 

"Stop killing kids" shouldn't be a controversial thing to say. Being pissed off at the people that have repeatedly done and enabled these acts upon our children (whether Palestinian or British) is absolutely acceptable. 

Eh? The Israeli Government is wantonly killing civilians, and should face justice. The Southport knife attacker wantonly killed civilians and should face justice. The bit you seem to be classing as a difference is that I don't see how burning down hotels and further racial violence is helpful?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RecklessAbandon said:

"Stop killing kids" is not a controversial thing to say.  Burning down a Citizens Advice and a Greggs because Farage told you that brown people are the reason you have a shit job and a can of Stella is so expensive is controversial.

Farage says a lot of stupid stuff, but ascribing words to him that he did not say is the sort of thing that fans the flames of situations like this.

• Like 1

I feel we need to be clear on one thing.  The alleged 4 and 5 star hotels housing immigrants are no longer hotels once they house immigrants.

They simply become a building and some of the bits that make them a hotel cease.

No paying guests, no bar or restaurant (at least anything the paying public would accept), no room service, no relaxation and no freedom to come and go as you please.

Can we stop it with the "immigrants are housed in 5 star accommodation" nonsense. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RecklessAbandon said:

One, it was murder and attempted murder.  There was (publicly knowledge available) no religious or political motivation to indicate it was a terrorist attack.

What was the motive to murder random little girls? As my comment, what did they do to him?

The very fact it was indiscriminate means it's terrorism.

21 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

I feel we need to be clear on one thing.  The alleged 4 and 5 star hotels housing immigrants are no longer hotels once they house immigrants.

They simply become a building and some of the bits that make them a hotel cease.

No paying guests, no bar or restaurant (at least anything the paying public would accept), no room service, no relaxation and no freedom to come and go as you please.

Can we stop it with the "immigrants are housed in 5 star accommodation" nonsense. 

I think you'll find that there aren't restrictions on an immigrant's freedom to get out and about.

I would agree though that their plight is not an easy one, considering what little they receive by way of government support, financially. This in itself is restrictive and the time it takes to get a decision on their eligibility for residency can be a long one.

The kind of misinformation on what they are entitled to; the 5* hotels and other 'luxuries', doesn’t help. And couldn't be further from the truth.

Some facts...

https://fullfact.org/online/pensioners-refugees-benefit-claims/

9 minutes ago, HeteroErectus said:

What was the motive to murder random little girls? As my comment, what did they do to him?

That’s not how terrorism is defined. Hungerford wasn’t terrorism. Dunblaine wasn’t terrorism. The Cumbria shootings weren’t terrorism. We don’t yet know the motive or reasons behind this.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HeteroErectus said:

If there was a political or ideological motive, then you may be right.  By your thinking, however, Petef Sutcliffe was a terrorist. He wasn't, but he was a vile creature who terrorised the North of England for years. 

But, again, you are using emotive terms which does little for the debate and adds fuel. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HeteroErectus said:

fact it was indiscriminate means it's terrorism.

I'm not sure this is true, but I also don't think it matters what you call it, it is shocking and abhorrent and incredibly upsetting.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, quilp said:

I think you'll find that there aren't restrictions on an immigrant's freedom to get out and about.

I would agree though that their plight is not an easy one, considering what little they receive by way of government support, financially. This in itself is restrictive and the time it takes to get a decision on their eligibility for residency can be a long one.

The kind of misinformation on what they are entitled to; the 5* hotels and other 'luxuries', doesn’t help. And couldn't be further from the truth.

Some facts...

https://fullfact.org/online/pensioners-refugees-benefit-claims/

Good find, Quilp.  This is another article from the same site.

https://fullfact.org/news/misinformation-southport-stabbings/?utm_source=content_page&utm_medium=related_content

• Thanks 1