Southport Stabbings

20 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Problem is that the big proponents of Brexit, such as Nigel Farage, are the ones who have stoked the fires leading to the events after the terrible events in Southport. 

Instead  of waiting for the police to investigate,  Farage and others speculate on this being an Islamic extremist and generating anger and fear.

Let’s be clear. The only ones responsible for the rioting and violence are the rioters themselves, no one else.

If Farage (or anyone else) told you to stick your hand in a fire, would you?

35 minutes ago, quilp said:

FFS. Just fuck off with the brexit crap, eh? 

If you don't see the link between the rhetoric and messaging of pre and post Brexit, and the environment where the far right and the fascists feel confident enough to openly race riot on the streets of the UK, destroying property, destroying communities and openly attempting arson with the intent to kill people, then there is a bridge for sale you might be interested in.

12 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Let’s be clear. The only ones responsible for the rioting and violence are the rioters themselves, no one else.

If Farage told them to put their hand in a fire, I'd wager a fair few would.  

These knuckle dragging neo-nazi scum and race rioters didn't have a collective idea pop into their heads on their own.  A central figure(s) told them the source of their problems (regardless of what the evidence says), provided them with a target for their ire and wound them up like wind up toys and pointed them in a direction.

This is the plan going as scheduled.  And useful idiots like you are clapping away in the background.

11 minutes ago, RecklessAbandon said:

These knuckle dragging neo-nazi scum and race rioters didn't have a collective idea pop into their heads on their own.  A central figure(s) told them the source of their problems (regardless of what the evidence says), provided them with a target for their ire and wound them up like wind up toys and pointed them in a direction.

This is the plan going as scheduled.  And useful idiots like you are clapping away in the background.

Sorry. What am I supposed to be clapping?

Edited by The Voice of Reason

29 minutes ago, RecklessAbandon said:

From what I have seen of Farage he has said numerous times he isn't against immigration but it needs to be controlled. What is wrong with that?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

No, because I think that Farage is an utter charlatan.  

Farage is now an MP and rather than attend Parliament, which he is paid to do, he would prefer to take to social media with dog whistle statements.

14 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

From what I have seen of Farage he has said numerous times he isn't against immigration but it needs to be controlled. What is wrong with that?

Controlled immigration is fine.  What Farage means when he says this isn't that clear.

Farage didn't like other Western Europeans coming to the UK (despite being married to a German and having children who speak German).  

Farage posed with in front of that breaking point poster which suggests if you are not white you are a part of the problem.

Even in the Reform Party manifesto they were very vagued on immigration. 

It is not all Farage anyway.  He is someone who has allowed a sensible debate on immigration to become so toxic.

You then have Tommy ten names and his mob plus all the extremists online.  

Their is also suggestions of Russian propaganda driving a lot of the online content.  A fake news website and Russia Today appearing to be the sources of the fake name and background of the person who committed the awful crimes in Southport. 

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

This is a gross misunderstanding of human psychology.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I’m not talking psychology.  I’m talking responsibility 

Yes, and it lies in large part with those fomenting hate.

Why do you think hate preaching is illegal? Because it influences people to do things they otherwise likely wouldn't. Why is advertising a many billion dollar industry? Because it influences people to do things they otherwise likely wouldn't.

Why are Farage, Robinson etc culpable? Because they influence people to do things they otherwise likely wouldn't.

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Inciting violence is a crime.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:

Inciting violence is a crime.

Where did Farage incite violence? 

And for the record I am no fan of his I think he is a grifter out to line his pocket but at no point have I seen or heard him say anything that would suggest people go out and riot

46 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Where did Farage incite violence? 

And for the record I am no fan of his I think he is a grifter out to line his pocket but at no point have I seen or heard him say anything that would suggest people go out and riot

He’s been planting the seeds for years.