Southport Stabbings

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

Mainly the Cross of St George.  Interesting that Scotland seems unaffected by these riots but Northern Ireland is, probably revealing the deep divisions that still exist there. 

Might have spoke a bit to soon there, there are protests planned up in Glasgow how they will pan out is anyones guess

19 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Might have spoke a bit to soon there, there are protests planned up in Glasgow how they will pan out is anyones guess

Oh dear.  Let's hope they remain protests and not riots. 

22 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Just seen an interview with a higher up police officer in Birmingham basically confirming 2 tier policing. 

This will run for a little while longer 

I suppose people will hear what they want to hear, but what he actually said was they police in response to what's actually going on. Obviously the response to people setting fire to a hotel is different from the response to a protest.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

No idea maybe go ask the people that are protesting 

You seem to know there are some protests planned.  You must have got that information from somewhere.

To be honest if it is more of the same I would not be surprised.  Glasgow has rehomed a lot of asylum seekers.  Particularly those escaping Afghanistan which included those who helped the British army.  Be tragic if they are the target of any planned protest. 

32 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I suppose people will hear what they want to hear, but what he actually said was they police in response to what's actually going on. Obviously the response to people setting fire to a hotel is different from the response to a protest.

Well however it was taken the people who believe in 2 tier policing will see it as evidence of such. It's all an utter shambles 

They are bracing themselves for more riots in the UK.  Everyone in my son's office in Manchester have been told to go home and news reports are that reinforcement officers have been sent there.  

:(

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, RecklessAbandon said:

I would agree with you, however, he is all over the front page of the Daily Express.

Not exactly rowing back, more doubling down.

Screenshot 2024-08-07 130823.png

Astounding isn’t ? E.g., Kray twins, Myra Hindley, Wayne Couzens, etc, etc are all British-born criminals who are not known for their religious faith. The perpetrator of the awful crime in Southport is British teenager and for legal reasons many of the details of this case cannot be yet publicly disclosed. But this inconvenient fact does not stop Farage from using this tragedy to agitate against immigration. Incidentally, Farage himself is from  ‘foreign’ stock, if only the UK could send him back to where he came from, wouldn’t that be great.