Southport Stabbings

17 hours ago, woolley said:

I'm always honest. Of course not, and as I said the other day, the goings on are unsupportable. Southport was merely a catalyst though, and you have to understand the backdrop. I posted up a link at the weekend to a list of atrocities aimed at innocents almost exclusively by Islamist extremist individuals who appear to have been of no use to UK society but have visited death and destruction on the population. I really don't believe that such mayhem as we've seen in the past week can be fomented just by a few right wing hotheads. There is very deep resentment against successive governments for failing to get a grip on the migration situation and the nature of those allowed in.

@woolley

At last, the truth is out! 🙂

I posted way back when that some nine million folks voted Leave in the 2016 referendum due to "immigration" issues and in the following eight years nothing has been done about it. In fact there have been record numbers coming here. Little wonder some four million voted for Reform UK with their poster boy overt racist Lee Anderthal and leader Nigel Farage. In fact Reform UK were third on number of votes cast but only ended up with less than 1% of the seats available - 5 out of 650. IMHO for once the vagaries of the FPTP system being an advantage for the UK's version of democracy...

I'm sure that Farage et al viewed the 9 million disaffected voters in the referendum to be a source of support they could tap into. Make the right noises i.e. tell the right lies and massage the right prejudices - and the votes would just roll in. And so it proved. Unfortunately less than 1% of seats in the HoC is not exactly a "voice" so to speak. Maybe some ultra-right leader like Yaxley-Lennon lounging by the pool in his luxury accomodation on Cyprus has been reading Clausewitz and was taken with his most famous quote "war is nothing but the continuation of policy by other means" or some such and instructed his 800k followers to act accordingly. After all, the democratic processes have been getting them nowhere...

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

@woolley

At last, the truth is out! 🙂

I posted way back when that some nine million folks voted Leave in the 2016 referendum due to "immigration" issues and in the following eight years nothing has been done about it. In fact there have been record numbers coming here. Little wonder some four million voted for Reform UK with their poster boy overt racist Lee Anderthal and leader Nigel Farage. In fact Reform UK were third on number of votes cast but only ended up with less than 1% of the seats available - 5 out of 650. IMHO for once the vagaries of the FPTP system being an advantage for the UK's version of democracy...

I'm sure that Farage et al viewed the 9 million disaffected voters in the referendum to be a source of support they could tap into. Make the right noises i.e. tell the right lies and massage the right prejudices - and the votes would just roll in. And so it proved. Unfortunately less than 1% of seats in the HoC is not exactly a "voice" so to speak. Maybe some ultra-right leader like Yaxley-Lennon lounging by the pool in his luxury accomodation on Cyprus has been reading Clausewitz and was taken with his most famous quote "war is nothing but the continuation of policy by other means" or some such and instructed his 800k followers to act accordingly. After all, the democratic processes have been getting them nowhere...

It really is time that everyone  ( including both you and I, take Brexit, Anderson, Farage etc out of the equation) . It’s pure and simple right wing thuggery. 
I witnessed it in the 70’s with the National Front, decades before the Brexit referendum was even thought of.

Everybody should stand together and acknowledge it for what it is without trying to make political capital out of it.

28 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

It really is time that everyone  ( including both you and I, take Brexit, Anderson, Farage etc out of the equation) . It’s pure and simple right wing thuggery. 
I witnessed it in the 70’s with the National Front, decades before the Brexit referendum was even thought of.

Everybody should stand together and acknowledge it for what it is without trying to make political capital out of it.

Errrr I'm not a politician and hopefully neither are you...

Edited by P.K.
Typo

23 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes, but Farage, Anderson etc. are not taking themselves out of the equation.  

• Like 2

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

Just ignore them then. You don’t have to listen to them any more than you have to listen to Tommy Robinson. Follow your own instincts.

Yes, but there are others who do and are gearing up for more violence.

Early on in this, people were asking for the bigger picture to be considered.  Part of that bigger picture is the toxicity that is still being peddled. 

Turn away and ignore if you like.  

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Early on in this, people were asking for the bigger picture to be considered.  Part of that bigger picture is the toxicity that is still being peddled. 

Not ignoring anything.

My point was that racism is not a Brexit thing ( all though there are those who wish to perpetuate that idea PK?)

Racism has been with us from time to  immemorial and it should be opposed.

I am a Brexit supporter and I am mightily offended by any accusation that makes me in any way racist.

Anyway as it stands from watching the TV the anti racists seem to be winning the day. For now at least, 

7 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I am a Brexit supporter and I am mightily offended by any accusation that makes me in any way racist.

Yeah, you don't get to wash your hands of the racists that easily. Whether you are one or not, the Brexit campaign had to rely on racism to get it over the line. It had no chance without stoking the racist fire. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Best way to be is ignore it all and live your life

17 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Yeah, you don't get to wash your hands of the racists that easily. Whether you are one or not, the Brexit campaign had to rely on racism to get it over the line. It had no chance without stoking the racist fire. 

There’s no whether or not I am a racist. I am not one.

It’s sad you have to play the racist card. I know a number of people who did have the opportunity to vote in the referendum and voted leave. None of whom has a racist bone in their body.

Yes some  people are racist ( including no doubt some who voted in the referendum whether Remain or Leave) You would probably have a few if you went in a crowd to an after drinks work party. 
Does the Conservative party  ( or even other parties)“ wash their hands” of the racists who vote for them in a General Election. I’d be interested in your thoughts how they could do that