Southport Stabbings

27 minutes ago, Gladys said:

So true and very restorative of faith in humanity. 

Very, very much so. Today has done wonders for my general opinion of the UK. I did always hope that for the most part people just want to get on with their lives, not spend them hating other people - but today has been a brilliant demonstration that people are also willing to put themselves out there for others. I hope all the racist twats feel utterly embarrassed about themselves.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Very, very much so. Today has done wonders for my general opinion of the UK. I did always hope that for the most part people just want to get on with their lives, not spend them hating other people - but today has been a brilliant demonstration that people are also willing to put themselves out there for others. I hope all the racist twats feel utterly embarrassed about themselves.

It did wonders for my general opinion of humanity. 

It is perhaps too soon to think all is well and mended.  But, what it hopefully will lead to is a debate (not confrontation) with all sides and them wanting to reach an outcome which all sides feel is fair.   

An end to extremism of any kind would be the utopia. 

It was really disappointing to see some of the likes to the early posts in this thread (now removed).  You can only hope that there as been a bit of a rethink.

• Like 2

I think taking various miscreants out of remand and speedily getting them in front of a Court that can impose an appropriate custodial sentence was a very shrewd move.

I guess you don't spend time being Director of Public Prosecutions without finding out what works...

5 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I think taking various miscreants out of remand and speedily getting them in front of a Court that can impose an appropriate custodial sentence was a very shrewd move.

I guess you don't spend time being Director of Public Prosecutions without finding out what works...

Agreed, swift justice sends a clear message.  The only concern is if the prison service can cope.

9 hours ago, Mr. Sausages said:

Croydon tonight.

This osmosis that goes on throughout the country when riots are fashionable is bizarre. Like when the bluetits discovered they could get into milk bottles. Racist bluetits.

Interesting to note that the dicks in Croydon clearly weren't far right, so their actions aren't  linked to the protest.

Just now, Mr. Sausages said:

Greatest nation on earth. Two world wars and one World Cup. God save the king.

Imagine what will happen when they work out that the Royal Family are immigrants...  bloody Germans (and Greek).

18 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Anyone when it comes to all this nonsense I think the below picture is what is the best way to react haha

Given that the police are linking the rioters with football gangs, notifying clubs, and the clubs starting to ban them, perhaps this is a better version of your cartoon.

IMG_5418.jpeg

13 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Imagine what will happen when they work out that the Royal Family are immigrants...  bloody Germans (and Greek).

Imagine if the king condemned the rioters. 

2 hours ago, hoopsaa said:

Interesting to note that the dicks in Croydon clearly weren't far right, so their actions aren't  linked to the protest.

If their sole driver is to just create chaos and burn stuff, are they Anarchists (I was going to say do they have sufficient organisation - but assume Anarchists would by definition shun any organisation)?  I assume they all just lumped in with the Far-Right?