Southport Stabbings

5 hours ago, Gladys said:

Brexit seems to be such a good idea now, doesn't it? 

I know the question is meant to be rhetorical, and it's nothing to do with the thread, but yes, it certainly does. Unless you are one of those who attribute all of the global problems of the third decade of the twenty first century to Brexit, that is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Breaking news

an 11 year old girl and a 34 year old woman have been stabbed in Leicester Square both taken to major trauma unit at hospital. One male has been arrested.

Just out of interest, why have you posted that on this thread?

With knife crime what it is in the UK, I imagine there were several since the Southport stabbings.

Are you making some sort of connection because it just says "one male was arrested"?

Also (for some context):

Leicester Square: Girl, 11 and woman, 34, stabbed in London - BBC News

"Abdullah, 29, who works at TWG tea in Leicester Square, said he intervened to stop the attacker who had blood on his face and chest."

32 minutes ago, RecklessAbandon said:

Just out of interest, why have you posted that on this thread?

With knife crime what it is in the UK, I imagine there were several since the Southport stabbings.

Are you making some sort of connection because it just says "one male was arrested"?

Also (for some context):

Leicester Square: Girl, 11 and woman, 34, stabbed in London - BBC News

"Abdullah, 29, who works at TWG tea in Leicester Square, said he intervened to stop the attacker who had blood on his face and chest."

Didn't think it warranted a new thread

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

Breaking news

an 11 year old girl and a 34 year old woman have been stabbed in Leicester Square both taken to major trauma unit at hospital. One male has been arrested.

Reported within the same day if not hour.  

Anyway, I thought you weren't interested in anything that did not affect you or those close to you? 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Reported within the same day if not hour.  

Anyway, I thought you weren't interested in anything that did not affect you or those close to you? 

Where did I say I was interested by it? just thought everything that has happened the last few weeks thought it might be of interest to this thread and the discussions that have happened before. 

5 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Where did I say I was interested by it? just thought everything that has happened the last few weeks thought it might be of interest to this thread and the discussions that have happened before. 

Because they only said "Man arrested" and in "Sir Nige's" words "they aren't telling us all the facts"?

10 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

3rd I still don't see why this is in the thread about the Southport attacks.

Well it’s probably like you get all sorts of unrelated stuff in a thread like this:

“Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings”

A significant percentage of postings in that thread don’t relate to disruptions to sailings, warned or otherwise. 

13 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well it’s probably like you get all sorts of unrelated stuff in a thread like this:

“Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings”

A significant percentage of postings in that thread don’t relate to disruptions to sailings, warned or otherwise. 

Call me a cynic, but I don't feel that is the case.