Southport Stabbings

8 minutes ago, John Wright said:

But the infighting between Protestant and Catholic strands of English/British Christianity is still active after over 600 years. Tribal loyalties played out in football, politics, and, still, in armed conflict. It’s killed more Brits in the last 60 years than Muslim Christian conflict in the same period.

Generally agreed but the Irish "troubles" were played out until 1998 as a "military conflict" although that doesn't excuse the innocent civilian deaths. But that "cause" didn't involve the deliberate, overt and indiscriminate stabbing to death of innocent children in public.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, John Wright said:

That’s the real question

Well, I am assuming there are some cognitive processes going on, or how else would they know where to go and in which direction to hurl the missiles, even if inaccurately? 

• Haha 1

Just now, Gladys said:

Well, I am assuming there are some cognitive processes going on, or how else would they know where to go and in which direction to hurl the missiles, even if inaccurately? 

They go where ever their mates on Facebook or Twitter (I'm not calling it X) tell them to go.

Like wind up toys, people like Laurance Fox or Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon (I'm not calling him by his made up name), point them at what ever looks like it will generate the most noise, tell the good little unthinking yobs what ever lie gets them all fighting ready and sit back and watch the whole thing unfold, ready to take to social media to trumpet the "call to arms".

I do so love how this thread about the stabbing of children, and the subsequent race/religion riot by right wing terrorists as some how being the fault of Muslims (but then this is MF).

2 minutes ago, RecklessAbandon said:

They go where ever their mates on Facebook or Twitter (I'm not calling it X) tell them to go.

Like wind up toys, people like Laurance Fox or Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon (I'm not calling him by his made up name), point them at what ever looks like it will generate the most noise, tell the good little unthinking yobs what ever lie gets them all fighting ready and sit back and watch the whole thing unfold, ready to take to social media to trumpet the "call to arms".

I do so love how this thread about the stabbing of children, and the subsequent race/religion riot by right wing terrorists as some how being the fault of Muslims (but then this is MF).

Not sure many on here are blaming anyone but the person who did the stabbing or the riots on anyone other than those who saw it as an appproriate event to spur them into rioting. 

What motivated the stabbing is not yet known.  What motivated the others to riot is pretty plain, unintelligent mob mentality. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Generally agreed but the Irish "troubles" were played out until 1998 as a "military conflict" although that doesn't excuse the innocent civilian deaths. But that "cause" didn't involve the deliberate, overt and indiscriminate stabbing to death of innocent children in public.

No, they were shot, bombed. Does the method of death matter? Really. Especially when done as a result of religious or political beliefs/dogma/agenda. As for innocent children, think Dunblane, think Omagh.

And there’s nothing to suggest that Southport is anything other than a lone actor. He may have a cause, he may be a terrorist, he may be Christian or Muslim. He may have serious paranoid delusional voices type mental illness. We don’t know. And attributing anything at this stage isn’t appropriate.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

He is never going to live that down. He'll get way more than 15 minutes. 

Interesting warm-up routine before confronting Southport's Finest...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

I initially thought it was a brick to the back of his head and then one in his knackers but it is actually three!  Somehow he manages to get one in the chest as well.

10 hours ago, John Wright said:

Was there ever an earlier less conflicted age, or is that a view through rose tints?

Absolutely there was. Absolutely. Despite a constant narrative trying to brainwash people otherwise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

I initially thought it was a brick to the back of his head and then one in his knackers but it is actually three!  Somehow he manages to get one in the chest as well.

4 hours ago, P.K. said:

All good fun, isn't it? Hang your heads in shame.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1