Southport Stabbings

3 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I don’t think I’m wrong but last time I looked Farage wasn’t in the last government.

I just tacked him on the end of the list because he's as amoral as Johnson. Simple as...

Notice you didn't say anything about Anderthal being on my list. Quite surprising as at one time you were saying how good it was to have someone like him in the HoC.

Still think that do you...?

8 hours ago, P.K. said:

I just tacked him on the end of the list because he's as amoral as Johnson. Simple as...

Notice you didn't say anything about Anderthal being on my list. Quite surprising as at one time you were saying how good it was to have someone like him in the HoC.

Still think that do you...?

I believe I said it was good to have some “characters” in the HOC, like Anderson and JRM who add colour to the debates. And yes I do still think it is good to have such people, be they on the left or right.

Either way what I think is really immaterial, as such people are in the HoC by virtue of being democratically elected. And that in itself is a good thing.

14 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I believe I said it was good to have some “characters” in the HOC, like Anderson and JRM who add colour to the debates. And yes I do still think it is good to have such people, be they on the left or right.

Either way what I think is really immaterial, as such people are in the HoC by virtue of being democratically elected. And that in itself is a good thing.

You think it's good to have an overt racist in the HoC???!!!

With Parliamentary Privilege it's an absolutely dreadful state of affairs...

42 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

"Critical Thinker"... 

I'm more concerned with the the "31 convictions including sexual assault against children under 13 years old" and "arrested with nazi paraphernalia".

Interesting how often the Venn diagram of nazi sympathies and right wing politics seem to intersect.  I wonder how much the "legitmate concerns" and "just asking questions" crowd are going to stand by this human effluence. 

Edited by RecklessAbandon

On 8/23/2024 at 3:52 PM, woolley said:

Couldn't resist:

@woolley

Somewhat disingenuous of you Woolster. But then you're a brexiteer so I guess it goes with the turf...

The question was about pensions and the triple lock, not specifically the WFA. The person who asked the question also has a private pension. Lucky her. It was also before Rachel Reeves ended up in Number 11 to discover that Jeremy Hunt et al had been a tad "economical" with the truth about the small matter of some £20bn.

It doesn't take much time to realise that it's obvious that ALL pensioners should not be getting the WFA. Apparently in the next few years some 1 in 5 pensioners will move into the 40% tax bracket or from the 40% into the 45% band. Straight away that's some 3.1 million pensioners who should not be getting the WFA!

So maybe using the tax take might be a way of better managing who should get the WFA? Until you find that some 43% of the population don't pay tax...

The biggest issue for me is that the UK is supposed to be a rich nation. But it has 4.3 million children living in poverty and it's pensions are not so good either trailing the likes of the EU by a fair margin. In fact in France they're 50% higher! Mind you their qualifying period is 43 years.

A single UK pensioner will be getting just £11,502 p.a. So IMHO the cut in the WFA needs to be looked at again. But the UK's finances are in such a mess they're going to have to make some very difficult choices...

Edited by P.K.
Poor grammar

• 2 weeks later...