KWC fees.

Just now, Max Power said:

That’s an exaggeration, people earning far less than that will be excluded from being able to provide a private education for their children. 
From previous stated aims of the Labour Party, they wish to create a uniform education system for all, by abolishing private schools. I’m sure you know all this Comrade HeliX?

There aren't many people earning less than that as a household who will have 2k a month spare.

Abolishing private schools is certainly not in their manifesto.

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

There aren't many people earning less than that as a household who will have 2k a month spare.

I know for a fact that is total rubbish.

The claim 100K wasn't enough was a big enough exaggeration, but you go and increase it by 50%. Quelle surprise.

Just now, Chinahand said:

I know for a fact that is total rubbish.

The claim 100K wasn't enough was a big enough exaggeration, but you go and increase it by 50%. Quelle surprise.

Ah yes, it was me who said 150k. Definitely not Ringy Rose.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

My household income is north of £100k, I have low overheads, and I couldn’t afford KWC fees;

That is rather odd, because I know multiple people who can afford it who don't earn anything like £100K per year.

They cut their cloth and make their choices, let alone £150K as has now been chosen as the go to figure.

Edited by Chinahand
  • Like 1

That is rather odd, because I know multiple people who can afford who don't earn anything like £100K per year.

They cut their cloth and make their choices.

When did they buy their houses? Almost everyone I know is paying north of £2000 a month for their mortgage alone. Add in bills, food, etc and many middle income earners I know are looking at 35-40k a year just to be alive and not do anything.

Yep, and then when you add £24K per year to that do you get £64K or do you get £150K.

State of education these days!

100k is ~75k after tax. And again, it wasn't me who suggested 150k!

Helix, start by saying the bare minimum is at most £40K, I agree.

You then add on £24K for school fees. £64K

Here's the tax figures:     Pay                  Tax      After Tax Pay

Jointly assess couple allowance £29,000    
1st at 10% £13,000 £1,300  
Next at 22% £29,872 £6,572  
Total Pay £71,872 £7,872 £64,000

As explained £71,872 does not equal £100K and definitely doesn't equal £150K. I personally know quite a few people who do this, and I'm sure the Bees does too etc.

People cut their clothe and choose. It is hard work to save £24K a year to send the little darlings to KWC but people do it.

To make them pay 20% more is the politics of envy rather than the politics of aspiration.

Edited by Chinahand
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

Helix, start by saying the bare minimum is at most £40K, I agree.

You then add on £24K for school fees. £64K

Here's the tax figures:     Pay                  Tax      After Tax Pay

Jointly assess couple allowance £29,000    
1st at 10% £13,000 £1,300  
Next at 22% £29,872 £6,572  
Total Pay £71,872 £7,872 £64,000

As explained £71,872 does not equal £100K and definitely doesn't equal £150K. I personally know quite a few people who do this, and I'm sure the Bees does too etc.

People cut their clothe and choose. It is hard work to save £24K a year to send the little darlings to KWC but people do it.

To make them pay 20% more is the politics of envy rather than the politics of aspiration.

So 72k if you have absolutely no other bills or costs, nothing in your house ever breaks, and you don't particularly want to eat...

• Like 1

Helix, you chose to use £150K a year ... my point is you were hugely exaggerating.

But keep on going, that is what you do.

I continued someone else's conversation, you can hardly hold me responsible for their figures?

27 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

When people make wildly exaggerated claims the usual course of action is to correct them, not agree with them.

I didn't agree with them. RR said that it was approx 150k to do it comfortably, Max said "bla bla communist" and I asked what was communist about it.