Isle of Man nominated for ‘Most Desirable Island in Europe’

Amadeus

5 hours ago, Gladys said:

The Sound is the watery bit.  The land, the islet between the Calf and the mainland, is Kitterland. 

Well i have learned something today. Yes I did mean the little island halfway across the Sound. I never knew it had a name. Anyway, next year I am going to nominate it. Its a fantastic destination for seals. 

Edited by Happier diner
Fat fingers
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Gladys said:

do they have a back up plan when we are ranked near the bottom? 

Oh, ye of little faith.

It’ll be forgotten about, buried, unreported, and in any FoI they’ll say no information exists, as if it never happened.

They'll contact Google and seek to exercise the right to be forgotten.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Oh, ye of little faith.

It’ll be forgotten about, buried, unreported, and in any FoI they’ll say no information exists, as if it never happened.

They'll contact Google and seek to exercise the right to be forgotten.

Quite.  Don't get me wrong, I love the IOM, but if this is put to a vote I cannot see how we would beat some of the other islands with a better climate and more visited than here.  Just seems we are putting ourselves up to fail. 

• Like 1

I bet it’s a KPI on some government department list and there will be pats on the back all around. They say all publicity is good publicity and PR is nothing more than self promotion by any means possible, so if it gets tourists here then I guess job done. There’s a bigger problem with tourism though. Maybe I’ll make a video on that actually. 

54 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Quite.  Don't get me wrong, I love the IOM, but if this is put to a vote I cannot see how we would beat some of the other islands with a better climate and more visited than here.  Just seems we are putting ourselves up to fail. 

16 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I bet it’s a KPI on some government department list and there will be pats on the back all around. They say all publicity is good publicity and PR is nothing more than self promotion by any means possible, so if it gets tourists here then I guess job done. There’s a bigger problem with tourism though. Maybe I’ll make a video on that actually. 

Quite, you don’t need to win; just be nominated. It’s the same with Oscars, BAFTAS, TONYS, MBOS, etc.

4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Quite, you don’t need to win; just be nominated. It’s the same with Oscars, BAFTAS, TONYS, MBOS, etc.

Even if you nominate yourself? Does anyone know who nominated us?