Mayor, Aldermen and Burgesses request for £1.6million for Cladding a Car Park

Sign in

On 8/12/2024 at 3:12 PM, Two-lane said:

These days every man and his dog needs a lectern if they are going to make a public announcement.

Cannan should buy the pulpit so that he can also stand out in the rain while letting us know how capable he is:

london-uk-25-october-2022-rishi-sunak-with-the-lectern-after-his-giving-his-opening-statement-as-new-ing-street-credit-amer-ghazzalalamy-live-news-2K9115H.thumb.jpg.3d68ca4e8e5480ceada7cfd0eaeea6db.jpg

I was certain he'd have a little box to stand on.  They must have got one from a Dollhouse for him. 

6 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

go on dare you to say they were at the end of life. 

Definitely end of life ASSets. 

It just seems odd to go to the trouble of storing them (presumably at cost) for nearly 10 years then decide there is a marked for a load of second hand furniture of death. As I said it sounds like they’re totally skint and I’d have thought it would only be weirdos who would want crematorium furniture in their house or garden. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clinton Baptiste said:

It just seems odd to go to the trouble of storing them (presumably at cost) for nearly 10 years then decide there is a marked for a load of second hand furniture of death. As I said it sounds like they’re totally skint and I’d have thought it would only be weirdos who would want crematorium furniture in their house or garden. 

I suspect they got put to one side in case there was an outcry and people demanded the old ones back.  And then when that didn't happen, they simply got forgotten about until someone was going through the stores and said "What on earth are those?".

4 hours ago, Clinton Baptiste said:

Definitely end of life ASSets. 

furniture of death??? WTF are you on about...

Predictably quite a bit of public feedback on renaming this. Most people want to keep the old name and many think HBN founded / paid for the library. I love what the library team are doing and don’t want them to get any negativity. So tomorrow will be interesting. 

IMG_8337.jpeg

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Predictably quite a bit of public feedback on renaming this. Most people want to keep the old name and many think HBN founded / paid for the library. I love what the library team are doing and don’t want them to get any negativity. So tomorrow will be interesting. 

IMG_8337.jpeg

Could you just save us some money and not rebrand it? 

• Like 1

HBN library, I think you would struggle with a lot of people even knowing what HBN even stood for. Most likely think it was a bank sponsorship deal, mind you I remember the one at Victoria st they decided to put up a big big banner on rear of building with his name on it. When the town square was still a bit cleaner and people sat and ate their lunch, stood with an old guy (beard/pipe smoker) whom worked for the signage firm. "Look's good don't it" I said it looks fine, but  Nobel  invented TNT and had fuck all to do with the hospital or the Isle Of Man. Still never found out who the fuck up was down to, the firm or the town hall. My money's on the latter.

• Haha 2