Mayor, Aldermen and Burgesses request for £1.6million for Cladding a Car Park

Sign in

30 minutes ago, Kopek said:

I have it on good authority that all streets in Willaston and Pulrose are to be renamed after Cities and City Fathers!

But I have it on good authority that all streets in Willaston and Pulrose are to be renamed after former Chief Ministers and Treasury Ministers!   My unimpeachable source understands that the residents will be able to vote for their favourites!!!

31 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

But I have it on good authority that all streets in Willaston and Pulrose are to be renamed after former Chief Ministers and Treasury Ministers!   My unimpeachable source understands that the residents will be able to vote for their favourites!!!

Bell End

Brown Creek

Splurge Street

...I'm sure we can come up with a few good uns on here 😀

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Kopek said:

I have it on good authority that all streets in Willaston and Pulrose are to be renamed after Cities and City Fathers

Parliament Street in Ramsey is to be renamed Ramsey High Street - after the town known as Ramsey.

Although the street itself is not very high, because it gets flooded whenever there is a decent high tide.

34 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Parliament Street in Ramsey is to be renamed Ramsey High Street - after the town known as Ramsey.

Although the street itself is not very high, because it gets flooded whenever there is a decent high tide.

Maybe Canoe Twat Street instead then. 

• Haha 1

They must be getting strapped for cash. They’re now looking for some weirdos who fancy paying a good rate for some ex crematorium furniture. It’s maybe worth dropping Ozzy Osbourne a line to see if he needs anything for his next tour. 

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/old-douglas-crematorium-furniture-to-be-sold-off/

Just weird. Who want any of that stuff in their house? 

Edited by Clinton Baptiste
Typo

2 hours ago, Two-lane said:

Cannan should buy the pulpit so that he can also stand out in the rain while letting us know how capable he is:

You’re right perhaps they should donate the pulpit of death to Tynwald? I can’t imagine anyone other than a weirdo who would want to buy a crematorium pulpit for their front room or man cave. How many people are they expecting to bid for this precious cargo?

17 hours ago, Clinton Baptiste said:

They must be getting strapped for cash. They’re now looking for some weirdos who fancy paying a good rate for some ex crematorium furniture. It’s maybe worth dropping Ozzy Osbourne a line to see if he needs anything for his next tour. 

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/old-douglas-crematorium-furniture-to-be-sold-off/

Just weird. Who want any of that stuff in their house? 

They’re benches mostly. People put them in their gardens for example. Would you prefer they got destroyed instead? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

They’re benches mostly. People put them in their gardens for example. Would you prefer they got destroyed instead? 

Does make you wonder why the corpy has sat on them ( pun intended ) for 9 years taking up storage space unnecessarily.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Does make you wonder why the corpy has sat on them ( pun intended ) for 9 years taking up storage space unnecessarily

…and there you have it: a classic “damned if they do, damned if they don’t” story…

• Thanks 1

Why were they changed in the first place, go on dare you to say they were at the end of life. Selling off end of life dangerous seats, that would be a good headline, or is it just so the chairs can be cleared out and have space for a silent death disco. May have found a niche market.

1 hour ago, Jarndyce said:

…and there you have it: a classic “damned if they do, damned if they don’t” story…

No. Just a simple question as to why they’ve been stored for 9 years instead of being sold immediately after removal.

1 hour ago, WTF said:

they could be repurposed as props for the gaiety ??

Not sure how many plays there are that requires pews as props. Gaiety  has no storage. Everything was made to go from under stage by fire officers.

20 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Why were they changed in the first place, go on dare you to say they were at the end of life. Selling off end of life dangerous seats, that would be a good headline, or is it just so the chairs can be cleared out and have space for a silent death disco. May have found a niche market.

Simple non conspiracy issues are always best. Weren’t they removed with free standing, stacking, upholstered seat, single chairs, that can be stacked and arranged in rows or circles, and sat on comfortably, or moved to one side for your death disco.

5 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Not my death disco. Church then ground, going to make the buggers sit through a full mass as well. You know the hour long one, you want your pork pie and bread crumbed chicken nugget your going to have to work for it.  😁

Count me out. I may be an atheist, but I’m a Protestant one. And I’m still influenced by my old grans warnings of the evils of the popish antichrist lot.