North Barrule Three Legs

Non-Believer

From FB posts it would appear that the 3 Legs construction has been removed from the side of North Barrule. Now the Mountain Rd has been shut most evening this week for maintenance work....any connections because it would have taken considerable manpower to take it down in that time...?

Screenshot_20240810-125017_Facebook.jpg

Well, going by the Facebook replies, people didn't want it altered.

When I heard it was being built, I wasn't keen, but it was well done and actually looked really good, became an iconic feature pretty quickly. I saw it every day as I walked to my van.

It was popular, you have to be pretty miserable to do this, IMHO.

A while back, the government spent tens of thousands getting artists to make little fairy houses in glen's, etc, in order to raise the profile of the Isle of Man to potential visitors. Here, we had a landscape feature, created by locals, celebrating the island, loved by many....

We've got radio masts on Snaefell, fake trees by the albert tower, we've got wind turbines coming, and this lot are triggered by someone moving rocks, ffs! Destroy the cairns!

They'll have the pitchforks out if Andy Goldsworthy ever makes an appearance over here.

• Like 5

It would have to be the iconic cock and balls, 90' long and two 10' globes. Could be lit at night with them solar fairy light strings, it would take a fair few granted but make it shine out at night. This would not only provoke debate but would piss a fair few off, job done.   😁

Edited by Dirty Buggane

32 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

It's not about the aesthetics of the thing. It's about the precedent. Would anyone object if I put something up there too next weekend ? I promise it would look nice.

there are piles of rocks on some of the summits all around the island, i think they look ok and i think the big 3 legs looked ok.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

It's not about the aesthetics of the thing. It's about the precedent. Would anyone object if I put something up there too next weekend ? I promise it would look nice.

This precedent has been there for a while now, to no ill effect 

• Thanks 1

This has certainly riled people up and I would not be surprised if a new painting job was done very soon.   It has proved a distraction to the ice cream war and the rage felt about the Henry Bloom Noble fiasco.   Pitchforks are being sharpened as we speak.    I blame the weather we are not accustomed to the 21 degree heatwave forecasted for this afternoon .

22 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Should've been removed a long time ago. 

Agreed. North Barrule, when viewed from the north, is one of the most majestic views on the island. Why is there a  need to “tag” it?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

You won't though will you. In fact, as far as I'm aware, nobody ever has.

And this wasn't anything offensive, it was our national symbol, some common to use all.

Just a shame some small minded people with nothing better to do seem to be able to dictate what we do and don't do.

• Like 4