North Barrule Three Legs

Non-Believer

Same as the DOI owning the Quarter Bridge pub, a fuckwit idea of having the most humongous roundabout outside of spaghetti junction to control the traffic during rush hour traffic( in our case more like rush 15 minutes). This thing was going to cover 3 acres and have its own gardening department. Fuckwits

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Very aloof post questioning people's national identity.

Aloof? I have a poor opinion of it when it amounts to little more than flag flying and saying that one is Manx.  I wouldn't say that is aloof. It's judgemental and maybe arrogant but I stand by it.  I think people can do better.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Someone would know better than me about the legality. I always thought that statutory boards owned things. They are inturn owned by government. However the deed and title would belong to the statutory board. 

That sounds like a lot of unnecessary cocking about should there be a restructure.

22 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Bryan and Ramsey community pinboard are going to be spitting feathers, but I'm nearly finished.

Seems you can do what you want and there's plenty of room up there.

north-barrule.png

Can we just add a massive Phallus up there too? If we say it's a tribute to a former chief minister we might be able to get funding from Culture Vannin. 

Our esteemed govt can find the time, resources/manpower and willpower to remove this.

But ask them to clear some footpaths and ROWs and there's no money....

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Our esteemed govt can find the time, resources/manpower and willpower to remove this.

To be fair there is a lot of work being done on footpaths and ROW.  

35 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Has the over-painting or whatever of the stones got anything to do with the government?  The Facebook post you showed earlier looked more like it was just locals who thought it an eyesore taking action.  As usual the government response to anything they think might be 'controversial' has been to do nothing and hope the problem goes away.

And of course the one thing they hate doing is getting their hands dirty, metaphorically or, especially, literally.  Hence the inaction over PROWs etc.  You'd be more likely to get a series of committees (sorry Boards) set up to employ consultants to produce reports on 'environmental reorganisation and alteration'.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Has the over-painting or whatever of the stones got anything to do with the government?  The Facebook post you showed earlier looked more like it was just locals who thought it an eyesore taking action.  As usual the government response to anything they think might be 'controversial' has been to do nothing and hope the problem goes away.

And of course the one thing they hate doing is getting their hands dirty, metaphorically or, especially, literally.  Hence the inaction over PROWs etc.  You'd be more likely to get a series of committees (sorry Boards) set up to employ consultants to produce reports on 'environmental reorganisation and alteration'.

I have to say that I haven't heard of any levels of hate towards the 3 legs around the Jewel of the North, most people appear to be used to its presence by now and the amount of ire on SM over what's happened seems to support that most people liked it and are annoyed by its "desecration" (plus it's the "desecration" of the Manx National symbol too of course).

Presumably if it wasn't Govt then locals would have had to assemble enough haters with the energy to climb up there regularly and money to buy the paint to overpaint the rocks but Lord knows where they've come from.

I don't think as much of it was painted white originally anyway, 3 leg "enthusiasts" started adding to that after it was constructed if my memory serves me.

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit