North Barrule Three Legs

Non-Believer

5 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Nothing to do with Government. Its just facts. I would love to have all paths clear. Its rubbish that they get overgrown. All I am saying is that

1. It happens all over the world

2. Its a big job to sort it

Anyway, next year I am going to cut my lawn in March whether it needs it or not. Seems like that will make it easier for the rest of the summer....or maybe not.

Are you saying that up until now you haven't cut your lawn until June? You must have a better lawn mower than me. If I left the lawn till June every year I'd need to plan my first cut like an exploration expedition and use a machete for most of it.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Are you saying that up until now you haven't cut your lawn until June? You must have a better lawn mower than me. If I left the lawn till June every year I'd need to plan my first cut like an exploration expedition and use a machete for most of it.

When did I say that?

4 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

Ivy seems to manage it!

not really, and even then please list the paths that are overrun with ivy, just weird, like you just had to type something regardless of it being relevant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I walk paths regularly and even an idiot can see that starting early would make an easier job of it. 

Really, I walk them more, and know more about it and you are wrong, what advantage would cutting down bluebells have?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Being serious, the problem plants are brambles and nettles. Early trimming of brambles might help a bit. However because they sprout from root up and grow rapidly from mid May until end of July there is always going to be an issue whatever you do in Spring.

Stinging nettles dont exist (or are not visible) in spring so whatever you did then would have no benefit whatsoever. They grow rapidly from mid June onwards and are a nightmare for walkers. 

Not looking for an arguement or to defend government policy. Just stating my objectives opinion. 

On 8/14/2024 at 9:19 PM, Happier diner said:

Being serious, the problem plants are brambles and nettles. Early trimming of brambles might help a bit. However because they sprout from root up and grow rapidly from mid May until end of July there is always going to be an issue whatever you do in Spring.

Stinging nettles dont exist (or are not visible) in spring so whatever you did then would have no benefit whatsoever. They grow rapidly from mid June onwards and are a nightmare for walkers. 

Not looking for an arguement or to defend government policy. Just stating my objectives opinion. 

Let trials bikes on them all that will sort it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1