Rumble in Market Street last outside Elegance taxi firm

Fred the shred

If nobody was seriously injured why do we have coppers stood around dressed like they are in breaking bad?

Has crime significantly increased? Or has the new chief started treating every crime as an excuse to break out new toys and max out the overtime?

Screenshot_2024-08-12-12-05-15-26_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, cissolt said:

If nobody was seriously injured why do we have coppers stood around dressed like they are in breaking bad?

Has crime significantly increased? Or has the new chief started treating every crime as an excuse to break out new toys and max out the overtime?

Screenshot_2024-08-12-12-05-15-26_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Did you read the full press release? specifically this part - 

It is understood one of the men involved continues to be treated at Noble’s Hospital for an injury to his forearm but this is not thought to have been caused in the fight.

39 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

For example this one it starts off with at 4am on Market street, I knew I wasn't on market street at that time so I just skip by it as I know there is no information that I could provide that would assist in anyway, in terms of what happened, how many arrested, injuries then I couldn't care less to be honest. If it involved someone close to me or someone I knew then I would find out through them. 

It is clear you would not care less, and that you are being honest.

But this is the Isle of Man, a place you have made your home. It's a nice place, and that is largely because it is a community that cares about each other. So regarding your last sentence, we are all close to each other, or certainly used to be. Maybe too many incomers with a somewhat couldn't care less attitude other than for themselves has caused that change. 

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

in terms of what happened, how many arrested, injuries then I couldn't care less to be honest

“Punch up outside taxi office” is one thing, “punch up outside taxi office requiring the whole of CSI:Glencrutchery Road to descend for a morning” is something else.

I don’t need or even want to know all the details, but an actual explanation as to the reason why the road needed to be shut for 10 hours would be nice. As you note, the only injury the police have referred to is one they say didn’t occur there. 

I’d understand the secrecy a bit more if the actual reason was the one @Amadeusalluded to, but they’re not so common now the DOI put the new fencing up in Chester Street car park.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Did you read the full press release? specifically this part - 

It is understood one of the men involved continues to be treated at Noble’s Hospital for an injury to his forearm but this is not thought to have been caused in the fight.

So it that's the case then why was CSIDoolish all over the place and the road closed? It's clear you are the apologist for plod but come on, do you actually store any faith in what they have released?

10 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

So it that's the case then why was CSIDoolish all over the place and the road closed? It's clear you are the apologist for plod but come on, do you actually store any faith in what they have released?

I am just open minded and don't believe they wouldn't be shutting a road and doing work gathering evidence if there wasn't a need for it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Funny how the Isle Of Man today story seems to have been squashed, starts with altercation started at take away,  broken up by women. Action moves to taxi rank broken up by man. One suspect in hospital injury not caused by fracas. Non of that in report now just asking for witnesses, If they know what happened and they have participant's why the hell all that shite yesterday. 

24 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

So you don't believe them either...

All I know from the press release is there was a person with injuries that needed treatment and 2/3 days later is still in hospital. So maybe just maybe there was a need for the road to be closed so investigations could take place.

5 hours ago, Ghost Ship said:

So the people who write IoM Constabulary appeals for information can't spell?

Oh they can spell.  Just not the right words.

The replies to the original Facebook post consisted of no one offering to help with their enquiries and everyone (including Our Man Flint) offering to help with their grammar.

24 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Funny how the Isle Of Man today story seems to have been squashed, starts with altercation started at take away,  broken up by women. Action moves to taxi rank broken up by man. One suspect in hospital injury not caused by fracas. Non of that in report now just asking for witnesses, If they know what happened and they have participant's why the hell all that shite yesterday. 

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that at the time of police attendance and the road opening again at 1pm maybe those details were not known? 

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Oh they can spell.  Just not the right words.

The replies to the original Facebook post consisted of no one offering to help with their enquiries and everyone (including Our Man Flint) offering to help with their grammar.

I always believe if you want someone to read your post etc put in spelling mistakes as people can't help engaging with it 

1 hour ago, Passing Time said:

This seems to be a new approach to visible extreme policing.  

We had the new toy test on open roads recently:

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/video-shows-dramatic-police-chase-through-isle-of-mans-streets-as-stingers-deployed-662082

Many deployments of armed response units

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/douglas-armed-response-part-of-ongoing-investigation/

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/armed-police-presence-on-lord-street-in-douglas-linked-to-ongoing-investigation-689279

Deploying a tazer at a clearly unarmed man while he was restrained in the ground:

https://motorsport.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/intoxicated-male-with-weapon-sparked-armed-police-response/

Has the severity of crime increased? Or do we just have a new chief using his counter terror playbook for every offense?

• Like 1