Mid-Term Appraisals

Manx Bean

Ok, so it’s a little more than half way into their term, but how have our MHKs done so far, particularly your own constituency MHKs?

I have the misfortune of Mr Crookall and Ms Lord-Brennan. Neither of which seem to have delivered anything substantial and not seen regularly out and about - well, save for Kate’s self-blown fanfare about possibly (maybe) getting an ATM in the new Peel Tesco, and Timbo holding court with his fawning fan club on Peel Promenade when the suns out.

And to think I voted for them..

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Manx Bean said:

Ok, so it’s a little more than half way into their term, but how have our MHKs done so far, particularly your own constituency MHKs?

I have the misfortune of Mr Crookall and Ms Lord-Brennan. Neither of which seem to have delivered anything substantial and not seen regularly out and about - well, save for Kate’s self-blown fanfare about possibly (maybe) getting an ATM in the new Peel Tesco, and Timbo holding court with his fawning fan club on Peel Promenade when the suns out.

And to think I voted for them..

That will teach you!! I voted for T Cowin, I know he can be a nuisance but he know's what goes on inside tent therefore he may have stirred things up a bit. I know Tim personally and I told him he would not be getting my vote and the other little weasel Boot got chased of my drive, I never really trusted KLB as she had high aspirations of herself and couldn't wait to join the "dreamteam"

• Like 3

Whilst prowling the corridors of power with a gentle nod here and a handshake there, not to forget the forelock tugging and bending over. Still never managed get fuck all done,peoples champion my ass. But has had plenty of time to think up excuse for running a shitshow of a post office.

• Like 1

It is, "Steady as you go" as usual. No matter who gets voted in, little or nothing changes. Alf came in preaching fire and brimstone about CS not being able to be trusted; Ranson then underlined the point. But nothing much has changed. Which must be a sure-fire indicator that our elected are not the ones actually pulling the strings.

What has changed hugely however, is the levels of indirect, if not direct, taxation to ensure that our Govt continues to fund the numbers and largesse that it has promised and assured itself.

Those promises certainly weren't ever going to change.

• Like 3

'I will ask the Treasury Minister to look carefully at all aspects of our taxation policy, particuarly our current tax allowance thresholds, to ensure our economoc cussess is more fairly distributed'.Beyond an Agenda For Change 2016

No action on that Alf. Thresholds are still low. £14,500

Edited by Moghrey Mie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FANDL said:

A few belly-laughs in there. Well done. 

3 hours ago, x-in-man said:

The people’s champion managed to back putting my car tax up. 

And mine don’t forget!

3 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Whilst prowling the corridors of power with a gentle nod here and a handshake there, not to forget the forelock tugging and bending over. Still never managed get fuck all done,peoples champion my ass. But has had plenty of time to think up excuse for running a shitshow of a post office.

No tugging or bending, nobody has anything to offer me to warrant that, and the Post Office goes from strength to strength. So I’ll mark you down as a ‘probable’ supporter…

• Haha 2

Crookall and Lord-Brennan for me too. Luckily I voted for neither. Tim's surprise reappointment as DOI minister has developed into unsurprisingly ineloquent defence of whatever his civil servants tell him.

KLB on the other hand has developed into the worst kind of MHK, totally indoctrinated and 100% assured to not even try to achieve anything of note. A stand out low for me was the  her band standing at the very slow response to the Ukrainian refugee crisis (despite the ongoing Syrian on being ignored) and the financing of it through the existing tiny international aid budget.

I'm glad I used my big head for once and didn't vote for her, as she did look quite fit in the energy FM video for Peel and Glen Faba leading up to the election. Maybe Alf wishes he had the same restraint.