Mid-Term Appraisals

Manx Bean

15 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Crookall and Lord-Brennan for me too. Luckily I voted for neither. Tim's surprise reappointment as DOI minister has developed into unsurprisingly ineloquent defence of whatever his civil servants tell him.

KLB on the other hand has developed into the worst kind of MHK, totally indoctrinated and 100% assured to not even try to achieve anything of note. A stand out low for me was the  her band standing at the very slow response to the Ukrainian refugee crisis (despite the ongoing Syrian on being ignored) and the financing of it through the existing tiny international aid budget.

I'm glad I used my big head for once and didn't vote for her, as she did look quite fit in the energy FM video for Peel and Glen Faba leading up to the election. Maybe Alf wishes he had the same restraint.

Go on then. You are keen to tell us who you didn't vote for. Who did you vote for?

3 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

And mine don’t forget!

No tugging or bending, nobody has anything to offer me to warrant that, and the Post Office goes from strength to strength. So I’ll mark you down as a ‘probable’ supporter…

PO going from strength to strength all down to you then?

2 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

I voted for Maltby and Christian and I think they’ve both been pretty good on constituency matters, which is really what counts.

do you not think they should also be pushing forward with their government responsibilities  like Tourism for example , no sure if Christian actually does anything in Government ,you just dont hear about her other than at question time in the keys of Tynwald 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

And mine don’t forget!

No tugging or bending, nobody has anything to offer me to warrant that, and the Post Office goes from strength to strength. So I’ll mark you down as a ‘probable’ supporter…

Ah, but you take my money to pay for yours.

6 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

The voters in Ramsey got Hooper into Tynwald and, by extension, into the DHSC.

Just let that sink in for a minute or two…

I wonder what he said to them?

I voted for him, and I stand by that.

No, not really. I voted for him, he was going to put through a motion to save our beach, vote against extra funds for the Liverpool ferry terminal and hold power to account. So what he's done, he basically stood on my doorstep and said the opposite. 

The contract is well and truly broken.

• Like 1

I have Johnson and Cannan. I had decided it was not worth voting last time round, but at the last minute I voted for Cannan but not Johnson. Can’t even remember who got the other vote. Next time round, I certainly won’t be voting for anybody. It’s a pointless farce. 

13 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

and the Post Office goes from strength to strength.

Anybody going to be held accountable for the costs of returning pallets to Amazon which is going to run into many thousands of pounds per year?.....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Anybody going to be held accountable for the costs of returning pallets to Amazon which is going to run into many thousands of pounds per year?.....

If it has been factored into the overall contract value, then why should anyone be held to account? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1