MGP 2024

La Colombe

That watermain is on snug borough industrial estate and has been bursting all week. Must still be having problems.

Guess they cant shut the road because they need access to fix it. Probably easier to just isolate the supply valves and turn off pressure all day

I had a journey using the access road yesterday, or at least l thought l did, planning my journey accordingly due to road closures.  l left home with approximately one and a half hours to reach my destination. I switched on MGP manx radio for updates; none were reported. I was surprised when l got to the access road and immediately noticed on entering that the course road was actually open.  I am not interested in the MGP or TT, l have found this week to be difficult on gaining correct information on times of road closures and l can understand when residents inside the course may well get it wrong.  

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Maugholdmafia said:

That watermain is on snug borough industrial estate and has been bursting all week. Must still be having problems.

Guess they cant shut the road because they need access to fix it. Probably easier to just isolate the supply valves and turn off pressure all day

It's actually outside the shop, but I guess that's about as accurate as anything you write on here.

7 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I had a journey using the access road yesterday, or at least l thought l did, planning my journey accordingly due to road closures.  l left home with approximately one and a half hours to reach my destination. I switched on MGP manx radio for updates; none were reported. I was surprised when l got to the access road and immediately noticed on entering that the course road was actually open.  I am not interested in the MGP or TT, l have found this week to be difficult on gaining correct information on times of road closures and l can understand when residents inside the course may well get it wrong.  

Given the weather, you'd have to be a bit stupid to assume anything about road closing times. 

Especially if you were going to drive on what may be a closed road. 

Just now, A fool and his money..... said:

Given the weather, you'd have to be a bit stupid to assume anything about road closing times. 

Especially if you were going to drive on what may be a closed road. 

Really!  You assume to much!  I did my homework on road closures checking right up to the moment l left my house. 

I didnt actually drive on closed road l think my post clearly states l used the access road.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lilly said:

Really!  You assume to much!  I did my homework on road closures checking right up to the moment l left my house. 

I didnt actually drive on closed road l think my post clearly states l used the access road.

Calm down luv, I didn't say you did. I don't really see your problem. You went to use the access road and the roads were open. Result! 

I was referring to the people living inside the course that you mentioned not knowing whether the roads were open. There's not many places on the course you'd have to wait more than a minute to see a vehicle passing if the roads were open, especially soon after they'd been closed.

You'd need to be pretty thick to assume a road with no traffic was open and decide to drive on it - especially given the possible carnage you may cause.

That's all I'm saying.

1 hour ago, Maugholdmafia said:

They could if it was water main but it's a sewer.

33 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Calm down luv, I didn't say you did. I don't really see your problem. You went to use the access road and the roads were open. Result

Wow!  Manages to back-pedal AND be patronising at the same time!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1