MGP 2024

La Colombe

18 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Again. If you want to pay for one...crack on😂

Would be delighted if my taxes went towards some access points. After all there’s only been racing for 117 years. Plenty of time to plan and finance something..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Two-lane said:

I believe the cost  these days is very low. To register a domain name is maybe £10 per year, and web hosting maybe £20 per year. Anyone in the computer department of the gov. should be able to knock up the software for a basic web page.

Just a page that shows a

Green background with 'It's Open' closing at ....

and if Closed a red background saying 'Its closed'  opening at....

.....but what about Jon Qualtro who wants to walk tfrom PSM to Andrass to meet his Beau??? How is he going to know which roads are closed???

He'll have weeks worth of pent up pent uppishness to contend with!!! Poor bbugger!!!

1 hour ago, Fred the shred said:

The access road is a disgrace a new one was promised a few years ago by the then Minister of the DOI .   The other day a van broke down and nothing moved it is beyond a joke it is the only access road to the hospital.    If the racing community and the Government want to keep the public onside this needs sorting.

There are grand plans for a bridge between the roundabout at the top of braddan school to one of the new roundabouts on the road up the hill from Kirby Garden centre. But I think it has been shelved due to cost and no money.

A similar project to turn the existing access road into a dual carriageway road involved the felling of over 250 trees and manx wildlife trust wouldnt support it

Ok, sensible suggestion.............

When there is the disruption there has been this week..... why not give those who have travelled here to race and possibly the followers a couple3d of laps of 'Parade' around the course?

Follow a TM, no overtaking, closed roads, possible 'fans' joining in, just a big jamboree, a fun time for all those who have missed the racing???

Make the trip worthwhile??? Help to dry out the campers???

• Like 1

7 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I know a few dull people who do the same.

Maybe it also involves having the initiative and interest to have an alternative way of spending my time doing something more involving than watching other people race motorcycles. 

2 hours ago, Twitch said:

Would be delighted if my taxes went towards some access points. After all there’s only been racing for 117 years. Plenty of time to plan and finance something..

Well I wouldn't. It would be the most crazy waste of money solving a almost non problem that only happens a few days a year. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Does anyone know who the rider was in yesterday's red flag incident at Ballacrye and how they are doing?

Yes loads of people do, including everyone who needs to at this stage.

The updates issued by the press have contained everything that people need to know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tinpot said:

Yes loads of people do, including everyone who needs to at this stage.

The updates issued by the press have contained everything that people need to know.

We don't need to know. We just want to. 

• Like 1