MGP 2024

La Colombe

5 minutes ago, joebean said:

I suggest you go and ask DfE why they fund the MGP. It has nothing to do with heritage or culture, if so, it would be funded by Manx National Heritage. It’s all about supporting the Visitor Economy. Nothing else. You are the one making stuff up.
As for your comments about me, that’s your own prejudicial assumptions and again, nothing you know anything about. But crack on, if it pleases you. 

Your previous posts tell me all I need to know. Your bigotry is very apparent. 

If you think the TT/MGP are only about the visitors they bring in then you are a bigger idiot than I thought, and that's saying something.

11 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Your previous posts tell me all I need to know. Your bigotry is very apparent. 

If you think the TT/MGP are only about the visitors they bring in then you are a bigger idiot than I thought, and that's saying something.

🥱your name on here is, I take it, a descriptor. Grow up and wise up. 

• Haha 1

The perpetual rescheduling today is an absolute joke. At 13:25 it’s 5 minutes to road closure. A few moments later we have showers, and it’s back to 14:00. 

I feel for the organisers, but we all know there is no way they’re getting 5 races done today, even if they reduce them all to a sprint to Glen Helen. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, wrighty said:

The perpetual rescheduling today is an absolute joke. At 13:25 it’s 5 minutes to road closure. A few moments later we have showers, and it’s back to 14:00. 

I feel for the organisers, but we all know there is no way they’re getting 5 races done today, even if they reduce them all to a sprint to Glen Helen. 

Could they do one lap on pushbikes?

7 minutes ago, Harry Lamb said:

Could they do one lap on pushbikes?

Now there's a thought... something like an 'international cycle week'. The worlds best riders come over. I reckon there would be a few visitors for that!

Edited by littlebushy
Bad spelling!
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, wrighty said:

There is no more rain due until about 19:00.

Roads should continue to dry with the wind and every vehicle that travels on the open roads also aids drying.

Traffic on the roads is good (unless they crash) closing the road and leaving it empty is bad, and also encourages wildlife onto the closed roads and into the hedges which is obviously a bad thing.

What they are doing is exactly the right thing considering the circumstances and the weather forecast.

Edited by Tinpot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Re the latest race just announced on Manx Radio, the winner's wife is just about to give birth apparently. Amazing. 

That’s lovely, and it was his first win.

Maybe they will give the kid a proper Manx name, or call them Douglas or something to commemorate what looks like being a really special week or so for the family.

• Like 2

Hey, you know those speed things that you see as you're entering various villages dotted around the island to warn you that you're exceeding the speed limit? Does anyone think they have any effect on peoples' driving habits?

3 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Hey, you know those speed things that you see as you're entering various villages dotted around the island to warn you that you're exceeding the speed limit? Does anyone think they have any effect on peoples' driving habits?

Yea I think they do.

I managed to get one to read 84 the other day which was already a new PB, but will keep trying to get it higher.

Edited by Tinpot
  • Haha 2