MGP 2024

La Colombe

2 hours ago, La Colombe said:

Ok I'll give you all mine. I'm of the opinion that they are quite effective and people do react to the real time evidence that they are over the limit. So why the fuck don't they turn off that stupid pit lane speed indicator when the roads are open to normal traffic? I witnessed two foreign registered bikers almost come to grief at the grandstand this morning.

I recorded 4kph on my way back to the car.  If I'd known it was still working I would have made more of an effort.

Got to hand it to the organisers, they did a great job under the circumstances. Worst August weather for donkeys years and they still managed to get pretty much every thing in,must have taken a lot of patience and tough decisions.

Of course not quite as good as the armchair clerks of the course on here would have done, but very impressive all the same.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Current format is the best option, taking account of marshal availability. A two week event just not feasible from that standpoint and you’d end up with the BH weekend sitting without races or visitors, unless you go back to the kind of split Classic TT had.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Pubs on the course not happy, (I believe businesses in Douglas generally did ok though).

Manx Radio https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/mgp-trade-down-for-some-pubs-on-tt-course/

I have already said this in another thread, but if a pub wasn’t busy it’s because it has nothing to offer.

There were plenty of people out spending.

These guys are aware the schedule was the same as last year aren’t they?

Edited by Tinpot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Barlow said:

Pubs on the course not happy, (I believe businesses in Douglas generally did ok though).

Manx Radio https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/mgp-trade-down-for-some-pubs-on-tt-course/

Unsurprising. It's been bucketing down for days. People will find a pub somewhere close to their digs and drink there instead. Nice attempt by the landlord to have a whinge about the race programme though, as if the weather had nothing to do with it. 

4 hours ago, ian rush said:

Current format is the best option, taking account of marshal availability. A two week event just not feasible from that standpoint and you’d end up with the BH weekend sitting without races or visitors, unless you go back to the kind of split Classic TT had.

The main issue is they're trying to hold an event that demands almost bone dry roads on an island that's infamous for poor weather. 

With the exception of the odd week here and there it's done nothing but piss it down non-stop since last summer.