MGP 2024

La Colombe

3 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Breakfast 830am while 10am. Lunches and dinners 12pm while 10pm Bar open from Sunday to Thursday 12 -1130pm Friday and Saturday 12 while 12am.

''WHILE''!!! Very Lancashireist???

8 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

On a different thread regarding the welcome  fiasco it was stated an 80 year old man had been amongst the affected passengers he had been over to Marshall. This filled me with dismay how could an 80 year old person be fit to respond to an incident.  I know they are short but ….   No disrespect to the gentleman in question but the riders deserve well trained and physically fit people if they are unfortunate enough to need assistance.

The surprise is that he wasn’t competing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

IIRC Chris Guy always insisted on racing under no. 13

I remember seeing him going through Union Mills in the early 1980s and trying desperately to keep up with Graeme Crosby (no 16) who'd already passed him.  Thought he was trying far too hard and was to close to the edge.  It's one of my more vivid TT memories.

Having said that, I'd actually forgotten that he was a pretty good rider.  Chris Guy racing 1982 (Anglo Dutch Challenge and I wrapped it up later at Assen)(video 4) (youtube.com)

(And nice to hear Peter Kneale and Phil Read...)

I think he eventually gave up because he couldn't get sponsors and ran out of money.  He was constently having to race on an overdraft.

Or was he killed on the track?

Edited by Ghost Ship

Imagine how great it would have been if the races had stuck to the tried and tested format, whose idiotic idea was it to try and squash it into a smaller timescale and the excuse that they wouldn’t have had Marshall cover is a no go a lot of long serving experienced Marshalls gave up when the races were desecrated they said it wouldn’t work and it didn’t.    Who exactly is this mess down to ?

• Like 1