MGP 2024

La Colombe

17 hours ago, La Colombe said:

This list of Snaefell Mountain Course fatalities on Wikipedia is a bit slow to update on the latest death but it is now standing at 270 racing fatalities to date. Amazing statistic. 

You need to open and broaden your mind about life (ok, and death of course) in general.

The Everest analogy is relevant but a bit over used so I invite you look at the number of deaths walking and rock climbing in Scotland, and England and Wales. 

ETA: it's crazy out there, I tell thee.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Barlow said:

You need to open and broaden your mind about life (ok, and death of course) in general.

The Everest analogy is relevant but a bit over used so I invite you look at the number of deaths walking and rock climbing in Scotland, and England and Wales. 

ETA: it's crazy out there, I tell thee.

Toasters kill approx 700 people per year globally.  Why can't people just have soft cold bread? 

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Lots of bikes at grandstand and in Laxey today, pity about the incoming weather! Incidentally no sign of Laxey raft today, assume blown away last night 

They probably (and hopefully wisely) pulled it out of the water in anticipation. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Hairy Poppins said:

positive drugs test

Article then says “returned a non-negative test result for a recreational”. Which is not the same thing at all.

Edited by Tinpot

9 minutes ago, Tinpot said:

returned a non-negative test result for a recreational”. Which is not the same thing at all.

If it is not negative and it is not positive, what is it? Maybe it is one of those imaginary numbers - I could never understand those.

[Except, to be cynical, in the context of IoM gov. finances]

50 minutes ago, Hairy Poppins said:

Rider banned after a positive drugs test. 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/manx-grand-prix-2024-rider-banned-from-races-after-positive-drugs-test-714852

To be fair I would need a shed load of 'recreational drugs' before I could go flying down Bray Hill! 

and he's travelled back in time over 18000 years to compete this year , thats commitment for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Racing was cancelled 35 minutes ago, are you still waiting for start😂

the way they are  shaping were not going to see much racing this year  the reduced  number of days in the program means no slack in the system ,  bring back the  days when you went in the damp or wet and the riders rode to the conditions , after all isn't that what the races are all about and not about breaking silly records all the time ,  who was the famous rider who said the object of the exercise is to will the race at the slowest speed possible , some sense in that quote ,!

16 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I can see more people in future ignoring the road closures. Apparently people missed flights for hospital appointments in the U.K. because they couldn't get to the airport. It's not a good look.

Seems unlikely, the last flight out leaves at 8:05.