MGP 2024

La Colombe

35 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

The Civil Defence have compiled a list of householders willing to take people camping in a nice idea.

Was going to say, I bet last night was character building for the campers!   I remember a few years ago something similar happened and the soggy bikers were taken in the great manx public. 

• Like 2

Just been through the access road as needed to get to the hospital for an appointment. Traffic backed up to pulrose bridge and to nobles hospital car park. If you don't need to use it I'd advise waiting for the roads to open at 4 30pm

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thommo2010 said:

Just been through the access road as needed to get to the hospital for an appointment. Traffic backed up to pulrose bridge and to nobles hospital car park. If you don't need to use it I'd advise waiting for the roads to open at 4 30pm

Also backed up to old test centre on other side as I was walking by.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Just wait for the boat to (maybe) dock at 6 when everyone is trying to get home from work and the roads have just closed again. 

It happens often in GP that the whole of Douglas gets gridlocked at rush hour one night.  Doesn't seem to be as bad during TT for some weird reason. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Just wait for the boat to (maybe) dock at 6 when everyone is trying to get home from work and the roads have just closed again. 

It happens often in GP that the whole of Douglas gets gridlocked at rush hour one night.  Doesn't seem to be as bad during TT for some weird reason. 

rain should stop play later.