MGP 2024

La Colombe

7 minutes ago, Hairy Poppins said:

Will they just re-write the rules like they did for bikes going the wrong way on the course? 🤔

I don't think they can do that, can they?! 

Plus, appealing now, any old Tom, Dick or Harry could turn up. Will they just give them a few flags, first aid kit and bucket of cement dust and send them out? Not sure how these late appeals work, given they're supposed to be properly trained/briefed.

6 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

I don't think they can do that, can they?! 

Plus, appealing now, any old Tom, Dick or Harry could turn up. Will they just give them a few flags, first aid kit and bucket of cement dust and send them out? Not sure how these late appeals work, given they're supposed to be properly trained/briefed.

I wouldn't like to guess. 

The re-writing the rule book thing was on iomtoday yesterday. 

Well I just hope they all get some sort of racing in  after all the planning and spending a small fortune to get here but the bad weather is making it depressingly difficult this year. The mgp festival needs a couple more days putting back on the meeting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, GreyWolf said:

Well I just hope they all get some sort of racing in  after all the planning and spending a small fortune to get here but the bad weather is making it depressingly difficult this year. The mgp festival needs a couple more days putting back on the meeting.

Yes lots of visitors saying exactly the same thing, why was it reduced from 2 weeks anyway?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Who (if anybody) would agree with me that the 5/6 commentators(not sure how many) spread around the course with the sounds and commentators knowledge and insight, and the sound of the machines as they go through is far superior to the three based at grandstand looking at screens and wittering on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Who (if anybody) would agree with me that the 5/6 commentators(not sure how many) spread around the course with the sounds and commentators knowledge and insight, and the sound of the machines as they go through is far superior to the three based at grandstand looking at screens and wittering on.

much better with a team of knowelageable people  around the course  but with the advertisements it should be self financing of even profitable for Manx radio  it always used to be 

Now the appeal is desperate they need 16 for tonight or the show will not go on so obviously no experience needed 🤨 .   The latest is no Sunday races they will be held on Monday due to bad forecast, at least it is a Bank Holiday so perhaps not so much inconvenience caused for the people who get to enjoy the day off.