Manx Registered Yacht Sinks

Albert Tatlock

9 minutes ago, 2bees said:

I was just reading about this and the guy being run over - in name of goodness, that’s either some serious karma or they’ve been got by “the mafia” (or whoever). Bonkers!

Bit like the Epstein “suicide”

9 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Before we disappear down the rabbit hole, are there any pictures of the boat in Manx waters ? It was registered here.

There's a fleet of supply/rescue rig patrol boats that rival the the size of Manxman in Aberdeen harbour that have never seen Manx waters. So I'm guessing unlike planes they  do not have to be seen or tie up at any ports, oh nearly forgot they are registered in Castletown. Go figure. 

22 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Before we disappear down the rabbit hole, are there any pictures of the boat in Manx waters ? It was registered here.

Actually, from what I have seen since, it is owned by a company here (of which his wife is sole beneficial owner), but if you look at pictures of her stern, 'London' is beneath the name.

So she is the registered owner, but the yacht may not be registered with the shipping agencies here necessarily?

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Actually, from what I have seen since, it is owned by a company here (of which his wife is sole beneficial owner), but if you look at pictures of her stern, 'London' is beneath the name.

So she is the registered owner, but the yacht may not be registered with the shipping agencies here necessarily?

Think it is UK registered.  His wife won't be the registered inner if it is owned by a company and the only place for the yacht to register here is with the yacht registry. 

ETA sorry should be ships registry. 

Edited by Gladys

do you have any pictures of his wifes stern to share ??

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Think it is UK registered.  His wife won't be the registered inner if it is owned by a company and the only place for the yacht to register here is with the yacht registry. 

ETA sorry should be ships registry. 

According to news she is owner.

20 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

BBC News - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/ce38n4egqwzt
Bayesian yacht Sicily latest: Britons missing as yacht carrying 22 sinks off Sicily - BBC News

"Its registered owner was a company based in the Isle of Man called Revtom Ltd, and it was managed by Camper and Nicholsons International."

Just to quote you.  The press often truncate things. 

I am no yachty but I don’t like the size of that mast, the leverage on it once its heeled over beyond a certain degree looks to me like they’d be no coming back. These are built as billionaires playthings and to sail these baby’s properly rather than cruise around I reckon you’d need a crew with the skill set of an americas cup team.

• Haha 1

According to news she is owner.

The yacht is owned by an IoM company

The widow is registered as owner of that company

The yachts Port of Registry is London, on the UK Shipping Register