Manx Registered Yacht Sinks

Albert Tatlock

31 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Then leave everyone else on board. Where’s the captain by the way?

'All hands on deck' not to abandon ship, but to ready the vessel for the storm.

Captain is in hospital.

Other than them expecting a bit of a squall, there seems to have been little to no warning the ship was going down and it did so in seconds. 

Edited by The Phantom

3 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Neptune owns it now.

1 hour ago, WTF said:

Njord  if you're from round these parts.

10 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Or Rán 

Still owned by the company, until the insurance pays out, then salvage belongs to the insurer. Wonder if it’ll be raised as part of any enquiry?

18 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Still owned by the company, until the insurance pays out, then salvage belongs to the insurer. Wonder if it’ll be raised as part of any enquiry?

It's at about 50m which isn't too deep and it's pretty close to the harbour.  Could be do-able. 

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

They don't need to raise wrecks to do a thorough enough investigation IMO. If it's intact and salvageable, who would buy it anyway?

italian's are very good at marine salvage  a few air bags around it and it will be up , expert said on radio 4 this morning  the yacht had a  big hatchway  that if left open  to the elements she would have lost stability and gone down very quickly 

given the  wealth and social standing  of those lost  or involved  I guess the insurers will want her raised ,as will he MCA who are responsible  for ship and Yacht safety ,

23 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Neptune owns it now.

Him and Poseidon are the takers of a great many things, last year they nicked my prescription sunglasses while I was windsurfing in Greece! Well at least they'll be able to see while they're cruising around the ocean floors looking ultra cool in my Cath Kidston sunnies!   

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, Omobono said:

given the  wealth and social standing  of those lost  or involved  I guess the insurers will want her raised ,as will he MCA who are responsible  for ship and Yacht safety ,

Knowing the occupants and seeing the opulence of the interior, there will likely be a lot of 'movable wealth' on the vessel.  With it being relatively shallow and close to the harbour, I would imagine the temptation for treasure hunters will be pretty high. 

I'm sure the tin-foil hats will be able to convolute their way around this but I have to say I'm quite relieved to read this concerning the road accident which killed Lynch's co-defendent Stephen Chamberlain

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cpdlj4097y2o

Following the accident, the driver of the car, a 49-year-old woman from Haddenham, remained at the scene and is assisting with enquiries, police said.

Weird coincidences!

3 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Knowing the occupants and seeing the opulence of the interior, there will likely be a lot of 'movable wealth' on the vessel.  With it being relatively shallow and close to the harbour, I would imagine the temptation for treasure hunters will be pretty high. 

Most of the interior will be a write off, but there’ll be value in the hull.

2 hours ago, Chinahand said:

I'm sure the tin-foil hats will be able to convolute their way around this but I have to say I'm quite relieved to read this concerning the road accident which killed Lynch's co-defendent Stephen Chamberlain

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cpdlj4097y2o

Following the accident, the driver of the car, a 49-year-old woman from Haddenham, remained at the scene and is assisting with enquiries, police said.

Weird coincidences!

Her name is Patsy.