Manx financial scam: Chinese Filipino Boilerhouse

Chinahand

1 hour ago, Luker said:

An iconic perspective there taken with the tower of the FSA's building clearly in view standing on the balcony of one of the buildings that was actually raided. No wonder they took it down. 

That building is cursed. The Louis Group and now this. Its had a revolving door of quality tenants over the years who have eventually all been sent packing. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sceptic said:

That building is cursed. The Louis Group and now this. Its had a revolving door of quality tenants over the years who have eventually all been sent packing. 

It’s good though that after having an embarrassing tenant like the Louis Group who generated a huge amount of negative publicity for the IOM they managed to find an even more embarrassing tenant who has sullied our reputation even more. What next for that building? A death cult? An education centre for followers of HM Sole? A Living Hope cathedral? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Luker said:

It’s good though that after having an embarrassing tenant like the Louis Group who generated a huge amount of negative publicity for the IOM they managed to find an even more embarrassing tenant who has sullied our reputation even more. What next for that building? A death cult? An education centre for followers of HM Sole? A Living Hope cathedral? 

Living hope could potentially be the next big scandal.

A limited company that runs a mega church.

Lead pastor getting a house and 100K in salary? I'd be wondering myself how legit that was, potentially, if that were me.

Allegedly, of course.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, manxkinho said:

Lead pastor getting a house and 100K in salary? I'd be wondering myself how legit that was, potentially, if that were me.

Allegedly, of course.

H M Sole has gone very quiet too. 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2024 at 4:30 PM, manxkinho said:

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/government-only-met-once-with-companies-at-centre-of-fraud-investigation-719194

So no NI holidays for new staff? really? 

I note they’re saying king and dalmine, but what about all the other companies related?

The devil is always in the details. Just because cash hasn't been transferred doesn't mean cash wasn't assigned and approved on the basis of a successful application. The company I work for regularly applies for £££ from DofE and as far as I know, no meetings take place between my bosses boss and DofE. They just fill out the forms and send them in. Then at a later date, when the invoices are in and then submitted to DofE, the cash from DofE arrives. 

So.... someone needs to do an FOI about the number of business support applications for King Gaming, and how many of thoses were approved or not approved. Details details details....

On 9/6/2024 at 8:54 AM, Sceptic said:

I have never understood why the Louis Group was never fully investigated and it all published, why some directors of the companies were struck off, then others not.  The ICIJ database links all the people https://offshoreleaks.icij.org/. Have the rules and regulations changed for these type of businesses. I not in finance as you can tell. 

16 hours ago, Ivy said:

So.... someone needs to do an FOI about the number of business support applications for King Gaming, and how many of thoses were approved or not approved. Details details details....

Nobody should need to do an FOI. Questions asked in the Court of Tynwald need to be answered honestly. That said Moorhouse asked a stupid question it should have been written and structured better to get the right response. Everyone knows these firms got money and everyone knows that government officers were constantly circling around them like flies around sh*t. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Luker said:

Nobody should need to do an FOI. Questions asked in the Court of Tynwald need to be answered honestly. That said Moorhouse asked a stupid question it should have been written and structured better to get the right response. Everyone knows these firms got money and everyone knows that government officers were constantly circling around them like flies around sh*t. 

But we know that any attempt to discuss things in Tynwald will be quickly shut down by invoking the Holy Sub Judice.  Probably for the next 20 years.  It's more difficult to do that with a WQ because you can see it wouldn't prejudice any possible legal proceedings.

As I said above, the question was actually better-written than they usually are.  In particular it got the response that "No financial support has been provided, either directly or indirectly".  Which will be difficult to wriggle out of.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Holte End said:

I have never understood why the Louis Group was never fully investigated and it all published, why some directors of the companies were struck off, then others not.  The ICIJ database links all the people https://offshoreleaks.icij.org/. Have the rules and regulations changed for these type of businesses. I not in finance as you can tell. 

Because Rob Callister gave them a glowing testimony as an ex-employee? 🤭

21 hours ago, manxkinho said:

Allegedly, of course.

Maybe Tynpotwald/HoK could investigate and introduce legislation, against religious groups?

6 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

As I said above, the question was actually better-written than they usually are.  In particular it got the response that "No financial support has been provided, either directly or indirectly".  Which will be difficult to wriggle out of.

It might have been better if Moorhouse could either actually read or have a vague idea what is going on though.