Manx financial scam: Chinese Filipino Boilerhouse

Chinahand

1 hour ago, Thefella said:

So many PAs and support staff left due to behaviors. As Brian333 suggests above everyone’s watching and waiting and hoping this finally sees the total asshole off. 

'So many PAs and support staff left due to behaviors'  They all female by any chance?

2 hours ago, WTF said:

sounds like little dick syndrome working overtime on his part

It's not just that, though, it's also a massive case of 'emperor's new clothes' with all of this stuff. Where all you have to do is talk a load of bollocks, ideally to people that know no better and are very easily impressed, and try not to get caught out. What you definitely don't ever need to do is produce anything tangible that would be of any actual use to anyone.

13 hours ago, Thefella said:

A massive tosser who has around 80% of his own department sat with their fingers crossed hoping that this is the event that finally sees him off. 

But as stated before most likely with a six figure handshake and generous pension to boot. If he is that incompetent its little wonder he rose through the rank's of the CS.  😁

Lyle Wraxall is the CEO of the Digital Isle of Man Executive Agency.

He did not rise through the ranks - he was recruited (or, as he would say, headhunted).

He was recruited for his skills, which he has listed on his LinkedIn account:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/wraxall/?originalSubdomain=im

I will repeat them here, because this kind of thing brightens up my day:

Specialties: Portfolio Management, Programme Management, Project Management, Consulting, Investment Banking, Global Banking and Capital Markets, Financial Services, Cost Management, Finance Transformation, Benefits Management, PMO, Business Management, Complex Government Projects, IT, Business Change, HMG Security, Enterprise Project Management Tools, IT-enabled Transformation, Application and Infrastructure Security Architecture, Identity and Access Management.

1 minute ago, Two-lane said:

Specialties: Portfolio Management, Programme Management, Project Management, Consulting, Investment Banking, Global Banking and Capital Markets, Financial Services, Cost Management, Finance Transformation, Benefits Management, PMO, Business Management, Complex Government Projects, IT, Business Change, HMG Security, Enterprise Project Management Tools, IT-enabled Transformation, Application and Infrastructure Security Architecture, Identity and Access Management.

I always thought a specialty was fairly focused.  I wish I could be that awesome at literally everything. 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2024 at 10:49 AM, Roger Mexico said:

So it's a little odd to say the hoteliers should have been suspicious when the government weren't.

Definitely.

Also worth pointing out the hotel isn’t a regulated business and so a lot of the AML/CFT stuff wouldn’t actually apply to them anyway. It would apply to the hotel’s bank but, as you say, the gambling company were a seemingly legitimate business building a flashy campus up the road. No reason for anyone to be suspicious.

It’s also not the first gaming company to take over a guesthouse. One of the other ones took over a guesthouse just by 1886 for their staff, and that was even before Covid.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

If he is that incompetent its little wonder he rose through the rank's of the CS

He didn’t. He was headhunted from a global private sector consultancy firm.

As we all know from the experts on here, everyone with private sector experience is brilliant and everyone in the CS is a moron. 

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

He didn’t. He was headhunted from a global private sector consultancy firm.

As we all know from the experts on here, everyone with private sector experience is brilliant and everyone in the CS is a moron. 

Well you can bluff your way along through the Private sector for only so long.  Once you realise everyone might be about to see through your bullshit; that's when you get a Govt job 😁

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Lyle Wraxall is the CEO of the Digital Isle of Man Executive Agency.

He did not rise through the ranks - he was recruited (or, as he would say, headhunted).

He was recruited for his skills, which he has listed on his LinkedIn account:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/wraxall/?originalSubdomain=im

Clicks 'Select all'.

Clicks 'Add all selected'...

His cv on LinkedIn is confusing (or interesting).

It looks like he worked for Pcubed, a consultancy firm, for 12 years or so. During that time they contracted him out to a fair number of various firms, so that they could benefit from his extensive experience in whatever field. For instance, 6 months or so at Deutsche Bank. Presumably that is where is Speciality in Global Banking came from.

These types of consultants surprise me. They tend to be of the younger type, so one wonders where they gained the many years of experience in a specific industry to such a level that they can tell experienced people what to do.

He worked for NATS as well. They should send him down to the airport to sort out the ATC problems.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

Well you can bluff your way along through the Private sector for only so long.  Once you realise everyone might be about to see through your bullshit; that's when you get a Govt job 😁

I'm wondering how long the two main players in the Cabinet office will last before they get found out....  neither of them have been in a job for more than 5 continuous years. How it's possible to rack up any REAL meaningful experience is something that seems to run right the way through IOMG in recent years.

23 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I'm wondering how long the two main players in the Cabinet office will last before they get found out....  neither of them have been in a job for more than 5 continuous years. How it's possible to rack up any REAL meaningful experience is something that seems to run right the way through IOMG in recent years.

Andy “David Brent” Ralph’s must be on a clear timeline already. He’s another appointment that defies all logic. 

Edited by Thefella