Manx financial scam: Chinese Filipino Boilerhouse

Chinahand

14 minutes ago, Thefella said:

Andy “David Brent” Ralph’s must be on a clear timeline already. He’s another appointment that defies all logic. 

He’s a glorified customer services manager and way out of his depth.

The job title used to be Chief Secretary. Just before Ralphs' appointment, the title was changed to Chief Executive Officer. This caused an exclamation of "que?" from some people.

Ralphs was appointed to this role. Some people (like me) hit the Google search button, and found a statement from him that his lifelong pursuit has been to be a Chief Executive Officer. I therefore conclude that he told the gov. to change the job title or he was not interested.

His wife is a numerlogist.

"Numerology is the belief in an occult, divine or mystical relationship between a number and one or more coinciding events."

I wonder how conversions between the two of them work out.

Him: I have no idea what the cost of the Liverpool Landing Stage is.

Her: I can give you a number. What's the star sign of the Landing Stage?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Two-lane said:

The job title used to be Chief Secretary. Just before Ralphs' appointment, the title was changed to Chief Executive Officer. This caused an exclamation of "que?" from some people.

Ralphs was appointed to this role. Some people (like me) hit the Google search button, and found a statement from him that his lifelong pursuit has been to be a Chief Executive Officer. I therefore conclude that he told the gov. to change the job title or he was not interested.

His wife is a numerlogist.

"Numerology is the belief in an occult, divine or mystical relationship between a number and one or more coinciding events."

I wonder how conversions between the two of them work out.

Him: I have no idea what the cost of the Liverpool Landing Stage is.

Her: I can give you a number. What's the star sign of the Landing Stage?

Makes you wonder what they get up to then with the numbers 6 & 9! 

3 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

As we all know from the experts on here, everyone with private sector experience is brilliant and everyone in the CS is a moron. 

But don’t you claim to work in the private sector? Despite obviously knowing very little about what goes on in the finance sector and almost everything else? 

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

before they get found out.

Found out?? Their abilities were already on display. They were recruited because of that.

Take a look at Wraxall's publicly available LinkedIn cv. But no ManxForumer would have given him an interview, let alone a job.

I suppose I could be wrong about, though....

1 hour ago, Two-lane said:

Found out?? Their abilities were already on display. They were recruited because of that.

Take a look at Wraxall's publicly available LinkedIn cv. But no ManxForumer would have given him an interview, let alone a job.

I suppose I could be wrong about, though....

You're not wrong.... it's all bullshit!

6 hours ago, Thefella said:

Andy “David Brent” Ralph’s must be on a clear timeline already. He’s another appointment that defies all logic. 

I particularly dislike seeing/hearing civil servants in the media, that’s the role of politicians (although I am sympathetic to the view that the civil servants are often more articulate) but even for someone who, for the most part, belongs behind the scenes, Ralphs has been spectacularly invisible.

12 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

Definitely.

Also worth pointing out the hotel isn’t a regulated business and so a lot of the AML/CFT stuff wouldn’t actually apply to them anyway. It would apply to the hotel’s bank but, as you say, the gambling company were a seemingly legitimate business building a flashy campus up the road. No reason for anyone to be suspicious.

It’s also not the first gaming company to take over a guesthouse. One of the other ones took over a guesthouse just by 1886 for their staff, and that was even before Covid.

Admiral house ! but there gone now  and I am sure several will follow , shit sticks !

On 8/30/2024 at 9:01 PM, Vaaish said:

I particularly dislike seeing/hearing civil servants in the media, that’s the role of politicians (although I am sympathetic to the view that the civil servants are often more articulate) but even for someone who, for the most part, belongs behind the scenes, Ralphs has been spectacularly invisible.

Well that’s why nothing is ever heard from the climate change team anymore Daphne has moved on. A load of lazy work from homers who never even turn up at the office to do anything while banking massive taxpayer funded salaries. All part of David Brent’s terrible empire of tax grabbing laziness.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Thefella said:

Well that’s why nothing is ever heard from the climate change team anymore Daphne has moved on. A load of lazy work from homers who never even turn up at the office to do anything while banking massive taxpayer funded salaries. All part of David Brent’s terrible empire of tax grabbing laziness.

The Chief Minister’s cultural change drive for the public service appears to be one of silence, inertia and absence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Vaaish said:

The Chief Minister’s cultural change drive for the public service appears to be one of silence, inertia and absence.

I wonder how the PIP total review and overhaul he requested is going.....I bet that went straight to the dustiest shelf of CS priority shelving...

18 hours ago, Vaaish said:

inertia ?????   that would indicate something was actually moving , what did you really mean ??

• Haha 2