Manx financial scam: Chinese Filipino Boilerhouse

Chinahand

11 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

...Couple of the more interesting points - they had over 100 applicants registered to one address in Onchan.  Also the immigration office is completely swamped and massively backlogged.  Even if we got close to Alf's 100k dream, the immigration office flat out wouldn't be able to handle it (yet alone any of the other infrastructure that is lacking).  I know a teacher that moved over almost one year ago and she is still waiting for the Police checks to be done so that she can start working...

Although Alf is of course a student of military history and well aware that the greatest empires have been built on slave labour.  So perhaps that's the plan all along. 

And/or illegal immigration actors taking advantage of IoM's fiscal desperation and straw-clutching...?

50 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Also the immigration office is completely swamped and massively backlogged.  Even if we got close to Alf's 100k dream, the immigration office flat out wouldn't be able to handle it (yet alone any of the other infrastructure that is lacking).  I know a teacher that moved over almost one year ago and she is still waiting for the Police checks to be done so that she can start working. 

We've discussed this on here before and the lack of resources has been quite shocking.  It's very much the pattern of the way things are done at the moment in the civil service.  There's endless money and jobs for more courtiers at the court of King Alf, going on about plans and strategies and all the rest.  But no need to increase the numbers of those lowly creatures who actually provide services for the public, whether it's sorting out appointments or processing visas.

There was a interesting talk at the Government from Sandra Simpson of Customs and Excise, who took over the Immigration Service from the Cabinet Office in January:

which shows the mess and inadequacy they took over.  For example it turned out in the questions that immigration officers were only checking arrivals from outside the CTA if they were in office hours.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, 2112 said:

Interesting article on the Sky News app - no mention of IOM. 

https://news.sky.com/story/they-fall-in-love-with-me-inside-the-fraud-factories-driving-the-online-scam-boom-13234505

To think that IOMG and Starship Enterprise were enthralled and seduced by these types.

I believe someone in the Taxi trade reported strange goings on to    the DFE  as the Chinese only ever travelled by taxi  often in convoy  , never walked  and  they were always awash with money , it would appear everyone they spoke to in Government had lost their sense of smell ? didn't smell a longtail or anything fishy going on here !  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 2112 said:

Interesting article on the Sky News app - no mention of IOM. 

https://news.sky.com/story/they-fall-in-love-with-me-inside-the-fraud-factories-driving-the-online-scam-boom-13234505

To think that IOMG and Starship Enterprise were enthralled and seduced by these types.

Are you suggesting that those women that DED and GSC staff have been flirting with online might not be real? 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Vaaish said:

Agreed. It would however have been by far our biggest Chinese takeaway.

More like a Chinese 'keep-em-in'.  The treatment of the people trafficked in that report is shocking, and even more shocking to think that may have been what has been happening here.  100 people registered to the same address in Onchan, FFS!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Non-Believer said:

Could have been upstairs in the old KFC...

In Onchan? There were rumours about the KFC, but never really confirmed or commented on. 

Whatever address in Onchan, the reality is most likely there were not 100 people living there.  So, where were they? 

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Joking aside, perhaps it is best the 'campus' (or gulag) didn’t go ahead.  

If you watch the Sky News report, the ‘campus’ masks what really goes on. Sadly the likes of CM Cannan, Minister Johnston, Minister Allinson and Civil Servants will have lots if questions to be answered. There may be other very embarrassing activity happening on the island, yet to come to light. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 2112 said:

If you watch the Sky News report, the ‘campus’ masks what really goes on. Sadly the likes of CM Cannan, Minister Johnston, Minister Allinson and Civil Servants will have lots if questions to be answered. There may be other very embarrassing activity happening on the island, yet to come to light. 

I did, and that was why I made the comment you quote.   On the face of it, the campus looked like a great thing - a safe place providing all that was needed for people coming from a different way of life for them to have a secure base while they acclimatise.  Possibly not. 

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Whatever address in Onchan, the reality is most likely there were not 100 people living there.  So, where were they? 

Perhaps they never even ever set foot in the Island, advantage was simply taken of an understaffed, unskilled and naive IoM immigration administration to allow those people to gain immigration rights to elsewhere in the UK?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I did, and that was why I made the comment you quote.   On the face of it, the campus looked like a great thing - a safe place providing all that was needed for people coming from a different way of life for them to have a secure base while they acclimatise.  Possibly not. 

Yes I agree with your comments. 

However, what we know now, from the initial BBC investigation and other reports into King Gaming, I would be surprised if the IOM would not have lost a lot of money. Especially from NICs and taxes from people working in the campus (that’s if people working there were registered etc) . I would be surprised if the developers haven’t lost any money etc. There are so many questions.

• Like 1