Manx financial scam: Chinese Filipino Boilerhouse

Chinahand

26 minutes ago, Thefella said:

We all know that it’s highly likely that civil servants will be getting backhanders out of all of this. Who on earth who wasn’t incentivized to do so would turn a blind eye to 75 applications being sent to the same address? They should start a money laundering investigation into the passport office. 

Sounds like an investigation for a tame Athol Street lawyer - the findings which will be favourable to IOMG. 

2 hours ago, Thefella said:

Just read the main IOM Today one. How the hell can some deadbeat at the passport office issue 75 Visa applications to the same fucking address? 

its the intelligence level we have to put up with cos they have friends in the right circles.

6 minutes ago, WTF said:
18 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

can you summarize in english please ?  that's a whole lot of waffle

If it’s an “absolute WTF moment”, you should be in your element.

Edited by Jarndyce
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

'Living in fear under our noses': The harrowing accounts of modern slavery in the Isle of Man | iomtoday.co.im

This is a very disturbing article and to my mind poses a number of serious questions:

1. How was a Manx shellfish processor paying below minimum wage to a foreign national?

2. What has happened to the "gangmaster" whose identity must be known. 

3. Has any action been taken against the owner/ tenant of the property in Onchan? 

4. where were the other 240 migrants working? 

I had heard rumours of large numbers of people living at residential addresses in Onchan / Douglas but had thought it a bit of exaggeration - obviously not!! 

Heads should roll over this sort of scenario but I suspect the corner of the carpet is well and truly propped up.      

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mistercee said:

'Living in fear under our noses': The harrowing accounts of modern slavery in the Isle of Man | iomtoday.co.im

This is a very disturbing article and to my mind poses a number of serious questions:

1. How was a Manx shellfish processor paying below minimum wage to a foreign national?

2. What has happened to the "gangmaster" whose identity must be known. 

3. Has any action been taken against the owner/ tenant of the property in Onchan? 

4. where were the other 240 migrants working? 

I had heard rumours of large numbers of people living at residential addresses in Onchan / Douglas but had thought it a bit of exaggeration - obviously not!! 

Heads should roll over this sort of scenario but I suspect the corner of the carpet is well and truly propped up.      

You hear loads of stories and surely they all can’t be wrong? It’s beginning to look like they aren’t. 

24 minutes ago, Gladys said:

There's a long inset piece on pages 31 &32 (41-2 of pdf) of the UN Report on the King Gaming fiasco, with more information on the Far east connections than have appeared locally.  It's also interesting that they make the point:

Further examination of GC 1’s online presence prior to the raid reveals only a very simple website designed with limited functionality serving as a landing page, consistent with shell iGaming businesses used as fronts by criminal groups for laundering of criminal proceeds

as some did on here.

There are other mentions as well.

Edited by Roger Mexico