Manx financial scam: Chinese Filipino Boilerhouse

Chinahand

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Meanwhile Locate IOM is still promoting migration with the case of Tek Min who came from Malaysia with his wife to work for Champion Tech.  Wonder how that's going. 

It doesn’t seem to have worked well for a Mr Richard Yap. 

IMG_5480.jpeg

Edited by FANDL

7 minutes ago, FANDL said:

It doesn’t seem to have worked well for a Mr Richard Yap. 

IMG_5480.jpeg

With the 200+ Chinese visas and the loss of another 200 jobs at the other egaming company, we have lost more jobs in the last few weeks than have been created in the last 5 years.

Should make interesting reading the the DFE quarterly report.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I know the person in this case - he went to hell and back with how they treated him before, during and after the case. 

Interestingly, this was the first occasion that there was a hint of people being forced to work long hours under threat of a visa being cancelled….you’d have thought that this would have been investigated…..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

More interesting reading...search 'King' in doc.

"14. Mrs Pauline Corkill had taken up an HR role in August 2020. She was not employed by Champion but
provided the companies with her services through Manx Internet Commerce, an associated company."

4 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

That's what I meant really.  Regulation is meaningless if those being regulated are effectively able to restrict what can be looked at by the use of related companies.  As for when they acted, if the Chinese prosecutions were last year as the BBC states, then not acting till April seems slow.  There's a danger of 'tipping-off' with early action I suppose, but delay also gives the chance for the suspected to escape, move and hide money and destroy evidence.  As I said in April the GSC's News section gives the impression of an organisation that has just woken up after years of slumber.

Meanwhile Locate IOM is still promoting migration with the case of Tek Min who came from Malaysia with his wife to work for Champion Tech.  Wonder how that's going.  (He also mentions Davison's Ice Cream twice - it's amazing the Dorlings didn't demand its immediate removal).

Maybe Davisons are the preferred icecream of the Starship Enterprise and IOMG, therefore also getting plugs at every opportunity. Do Davisons icecream gets served at Government Offices Canteen on Bucks Road?

22 minutes ago, manxkinho said:

I know the person in this case - he went to hell and back with how they treated him before, during and after the case. 

Interestingly, this was the first occasion that there was a hint of people being forced to work long hours under threat of a visa being cancelled….you’d have thought that this would have been investigated…..

Nothing to see here …………….

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

"14. Mrs Pauline Corkill had taken up an HR role in August 2020. She was not employed by Champion but
provided the companies with her services through Manx Internet Commerce, an associated company."

exactly. all of these companies were set up under the same ownership at the same address but with different directors for each, from what I understand.

28 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Maybe Davisons are the preferred icecream of the Starship Enterprise and IOMG, therefore also getting plugs at every opportunity. Do Davisons icecream gets served at Government Offices Canteen on Bucks Road?

You're a bit of a jerk sometimes. It's nothing to do with the politicos or the government.

Edited by Happier diner

26 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Nothing to see here …………….

There never is. Considering this forum seems have a lot of posters in egaming claiming knowledge of all this stuff after the fact, and a moderator who seems to claim to be some sort of egaming kingpin, you’d have thought that all this stuff would have been exposed on this forum years ago. Rather than people posting links to cases online that happened a few years ago and saying “They should have picked up on this and done something about it”

Too much money being earned to turn a blind eye. 

• Like 2

Hi all 

[Manx partner of an now ex employee of one of the King / MIC group called Champion Tech here who was employed during the police raids and fallout].

I will start by asking everyone to remember that the group of companies employed around 80 people on Island and were part of a much larger, S/E Asian based conglomerate that has, circa 5k employees.  Out of these 80 or so it was split between software developers, marketing and support staff. My partner was there the day after the police raid, when senior staff had been arrested, offices cleared out by police and the allegations of investment scams and money laundering were leveled. He claims that the entire business felt betrayed, hurt, and bewildered by these allegations and that there was genuine shock and upset that this was happening.  What he claims was that within days of the police raid, a small number of the Chinese marketing team based in the Victoria Road office fled the island, and haven't been heard from since - and it seems that these were thr ones involved in this investment scam. The rest of the staff (more than 1/2) were software and support staff who are now left to deal with the fallout. There is a possibility that this activity was taking place in the business, but my partner worked for a great sport book company that was building a real product and making real, legitimate money. I think these Chinese that conducted the scamming hid this activity from their own managers and the mantra within the business, was to do things properly and in line with all requirements.  Clearly some of the staff didn't abide by this rule but I just feel awful seeing people blame the company for actions of a small number, who appear to have been arrested in China anyway after they fled the island.

This is not a post proclaiming innocence or saying criminals shouldn't be prosecuted, its a plea to be try and remember that it's a small number that have ruined it for the rest, many of whom I have met socially, and they are good, honest people who applied for a good job at a seemingly legitimate business and did that job to the best of their ability - its awful rep for the Island but try and remember that 70 people are out of work and will have this on their CV for the rest of their lives, by sheer bad luck and because the greed of a small number.

• Thanks 6

On 8/23/2024 at 7:12 PM, 2112 said:

It would be very interesting to see the level of schmoozing that IOMG has done with this outfit - King, and also how much grants, loans or other assistance. How much has the taxpayer lost in terms of tax receipts and NI receipt payments? 

Hi,

[Partner of an employee of the companies]

Whilst my partner was not part of company that was constructing the new HQ, i believe that the Govt. had offered financial support to the development but as with all similar offers, the money is only received in the final stages of the development; so no money was given to King for this property and I would assume that as soon as the news broke about the police raid, the Govt. Pulled their offer

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Luker said:

There never is. Considering this forum seems have a lot of posters in egaming claiming knowledge of all this stuff after the fact, and a moderator who seems to claim to be some sort of egaming kingpin, you’d have thought that all this stuff would have been exposed on this forum years ago. Rather than people posting links to cases online that happened a few years ago and saying “They should have picked up on this and done something about it”

Too much money being earned to turn a blind eye. 

and …………….. I’m alright Jack.