Busy day for the RNLI

Fred the shred

and we have so many ill informed knob heads about too. 

It was drilled into me as a kid when there's an offshore wind not to go playing on floats or rafts. People are just friggin thick as fck nowadays. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's great that people get out and use the sea, but it really does need some stern advice.  I see people trying to kayak around the sound and you really have to wonder if they understand that they are watching nature's very own spin dryer with no off button.

Hats off to the RNLI chaps and ladies, though.  It would be great if their services were only used for bad fortune rather than bad judgement.  

• Like 3

Far too many health and safety law makers, do-gooders and rescue organisations diluting the gene pool these days.

It goes against nature to stop people choosing the wrong type of ladder, stick fingers in electrical sockets, forget parachutes or head out to sea in a bucket.

3 hours ago, 2112 said:

One is one, two is a couple, three is several, more than three a scutch? 

"The Pirahã, a tribe of 150 people who live by the banks of a remote tributary of the Amazon, studied by Columbia linguist Peter Gordon, have words for one and two, and for few and many. That's all. Even the words for one and two are not used consistently. So the question is, do they have the idea of exact numbers above three?"

14 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

Apparently it was paddle boards, all the rage , people don’t treat the sea with the respect it commands unfortunately.

14 hours ago, Gizo said:

and we have so many ill informed knob heads about too. 

It was drilled into me as a kid when there's an offshore wind not to go playing on floats or rafts. People are just friggin thick as fck nowadays. 

Yup. Sneaky Easterly on a sunny day often creates a wind tunnel effect to offshore at Pt Erin. I've been waiting for this to happen for a while. On a SUP you basically act like a sail and too many people on the water especially on inflatable SUPs don't have a clue. I rescued 2 people last summer in similar conditions. 

• Like 1