Onchan Commissioners behaving badly

Fred the shred

God knows what they have been up to but the Chair Zara Lewin had stern words for them at the last meeting…..pull your socks up she told them , this is courtesy of IOM Today.  Also why was the Mayor of Douglas cutting the ribbon on an extension to the restaurant in Onchan Park which the Commissioners own surely one of them is capable of cutting a ribbon.  Taking all in consideration I wouldn’t swap the Commissioners for the lot in charge of the City of Douglas.

This just exemplifies why the numerous local authorities is bonkers. 

There is one Commissioner continually on Mannin Line complaining about one thing or other, the latest being cushag everywhere and how it was one of those naughty plants that the Weed Act (hold on) required its removal.  The next day an email was read out that pointed out cushag had been removed as a subversive weed during his tenure as an MHK. Then, the next day, there was an apology from the email author, himself a former MHK and now in a LA saying he hadn't intended the full email to be read out!

Comedy gold. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Lightening McQueen said:

You never see Ashford and Putin in the same photo, maybe he laid the groundwork?

Makes you think! 🤔

1 hour ago, Passing Time said:

Embarrassing doesn’t even begin to cover it. Time for a massive restructuring of LA’s. We’re an island of approximately 88k who are over governed to fuck 

It's been time for 40 odd years. 

Quirk was on the 9.00am news this morning pleading for the Government to help the struggling hospitality industry.   As a struggling pensioner I object strongly to this , there are far too many eateries for the percentage of the population who can afford to eat out on a regular basis.    If things get tough the ones who give value for money and are inventive with their menu will do well and survive the others will sink that is business,  that is life.

12 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

God knows what they have been up to but the Chair Zara Lewin had stern words for them at the last meeting…..pull your socks up she told them , this is courtesy of IOM Today.  Also why was the Mayor of Douglas cutting the ribbon on an extension to the restaurant in Onchan Park which the Commissioners own surely one of them is capable of cutting a ribbon.  Taking all in consideration I wouldn’t swap the Commissioners for the lot in charge of the City of Douglas.

I wondered why the mayor of Douglas cut the ribbon to open the Ocean Views Lounge in Onchan Park.

12 hours ago, Hairy Poppins said:

They're planning to annexe Onchan.

It does seem a bit rude asking a Douglas Mayor to cut a ribbon on premises that are clearly in Onchan (and actually in “Onchan” Park). I just assumed they were all mates which is why anything like this happens in the first place. Is there an official protocol guide to commissioners performing ceremonies in other commissioners turf? Onchan as a public authority is an embarrassment but then so is Douglas, Braddan, Garff and most other local authorities as well. It’s time all these hopeless busy bodies were just set free. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Luker said:

It does seem a bit rude asking a Douglas Mayor to cut a ribbon on premises that are clearly in Onchan (and actually in “Onchan” Park). I just assumed they were all mates which is why anything like this happens in the first place. Is there an official protocol guide to commissioners performing ceremonies in other commissioners turf? Onchan as a public authority is an embarrassment but then so is Douglas, Braddan, Garff and most other local authorities as well. It’s time all these hopeless busy bodies were just set free. 

Captain of the Parish would have done. 

https://www.onchan.org.im/public-information/captain-of-the-parish

Edited by Moghrey Mie
  • Like 1