Onchan Commissioners behaving badly

Fred the shred

12 hours ago, Gladys said:

This just exemplifies why the numerous local authorities is bonkers. 

There is one Commissioner continually on Mannin Line complaining about one thing or other, the latest being cushag everywhere

Good Old Quirky!  (At one point, he actually said that the Cushag was vociferous everywhere!)

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Luker said:

Oh yes. I forgot about the other layer of pointless novelty positions. 

Captains of the parish have been around since at least 1627, so you may think they're pointless, but you can hardly say they're a novelty - even by Manx standards.

I suspect the truth about the ribbon cutting was simply that the date was fixed and the Onchan people were away on holiday or whatever.

13 hours ago, Hairy Poppins said:

They're planning to annexe Onchan.

If I make a joke about this now then someone in town hall will report it to the chief again and I get referred to standards again. So I won’t do it. Plus I’m still waiting for some spare parts. Anyone know where I can get a crankshaft for a Maybach HL230 P45 V-12? It’s for an agricultural vehicle… 

• Haha 8

16 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

God knows what they have been up to but the Chair Zara Lewin had stern words for them at the last meeting…..pull your socks up she told them , this is courtesy of IOM Today.  Also why was the Mayor of Douglas cutting the ribbon on an extension to the restaurant in Onchan Park which the Commissioners own surely one of them is capable of cutting a ribbon.  Taking all in consideration I wouldn’t swap the Commissioners for the lot in charge of the City of Douglas.

It was Quirk wasn’t it , slagging off Julie Edge , refusing to answer questions, asking all sort of stupid questions and basically being an ignorant busybody!, he’s always on mannin line complaining about Government but never answers questions on what he did in government or about the state of Onchan!!

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

Rob was present at the opening got passed over by the City Mayor

"Passed over"??   I can only ask again - somebody in Onchan Commissioners must have invited the mayor to participate:  who was it?   And why didn't they ask Rob to cut the ribbon, if he was available?

Edited by Jarndyce
typo

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/businesses-need-to-take-risks-to-be-sustainable-says-restaurant-boss/?fbclid=IwY2xjawFBjkJleHRuA2FlbQIxMQABHdVvHRv2CDysRt-ndJdoPKpdGzbvHPnWAPbtMc6Uk2sAaA_Q-m0FLN4qCA_aem_-ITuDhPdlIZZQ6ayIynFpA

The mayor makes it clear (or not) why in the short clip of the ceremony.  Pleased to say John didn't need his keys. 

@Jarndyce I am guessing the mayor was invited by the business not the Commissioners.

• Thanks 1