Onchan Commissioners behaving badly

Fred the shred

8 hours ago, KERED said:

Good Old Quirky!  (At one point, he actually said that the Cushag was vociferous everywhere!)

Didn’t he also say it was illegal (many times)  - but was de-bunked by another caller who pointed out it wasn’t, and the rules changed when he was an MHK, legislation I assume he voted for (or perhaps against hence the bee in his bonnet)? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steve_Christian said:

Didn’t he also say it was illegal (many times)  - but was de-bunked by another caller who pointed out it wasn’t, and the rules changed when he was an MHK, legislation I assume he voted for (or perhaps against hence the bee in his bonnet)? 

Yes, and the other caller was also a former MHK who later said that he hadn't intended for the whole of his email to be read on air. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Gladys said he was now a Commissioner again, so I assume it's Ray Harmer.

No. 

ETA Listen to the Mannin Line podcast from 20 August, the incoming email is read out not very far in.  For some reason the next  podcasts are from 27 August and miss the edition which refers further to the email. 

Edited by Gladys

1 hour ago, KERED said:

Silly Goon, Shirley?

I don't know as I didn't hear it, though I may have misread Gladys who wrote: " a former MHK and now in a LA", which I took to mean was now a Commissioner, but it could mean someone who now works for one, such as Gawne who is Clerk to Arbory and Rushen.

4 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I don't know as I didn't hear it, though I may have misread Gladys who wrote: " a former MHK and now in a LA", which I took to mean was now a Commissioner, but it could mean someone who now works for one, such as Gawne who is Clerk to Arbory and Rushen.

i assumed thats what the box of matches picture was alluding to .

• Like 2