Bazaar Steam Packet Fares

do nothing

• 3 weeks later...

The Steam Packet have moved the goal posts again. A couple of weeks ago I waited til the last minute to book my travel because I am not a good sailor. I booked on line & find out that if you booked within 24 hours of the sailing the price doubled. Very pee-ed off I booked. Today, I have tried to book travel in advance only to be told that the ship is fully booked (apparently they keep half the ship reserved in case the Sea Moggy can't go) but I should be able to book on the day.

I told them they weren't getting me with that one again, but found out that this double price rise no longer applies, & all Coz the Sea Cat is so sh*te they have changed the booking preceedure.

Needless to say I asked for a refund on my previous ticket but was told to do one.........

EDIT - Forum member do nothing has forgot to log me out of the forum before posting, this post is by him!

That is why I titled this forum "Bazaar Steam Packet Fares" !!!!! Nothing about the SP seems to make sense.

They have kept a ship that struggles to sail the Irish sea, but have sold off a ship which managed the job with ease.

Makes sense to someone I suppose.

The Steam Packet have other things to worry about at the moment - such as teaching their staff how to say "G'day!" properly and, whenever the Super Seacat is mentioned, to start their reply with "No worries, mate!"

The Steam Packet have moved the goal posts again. A couple of weeks ago I waited til the last minute to book my travel because I am not a good sailor. I booked on line & find out that if you booked within 24 hours of the sailing the price doubled.

T&C's always stated that you can't get the Special Offer fares less then 24 hours from Departure. However, to agree, having the SSC2 is a balls up idea, one which shall be rectified after New Year. There will be a proper ferry, Douglas Heysham Every day (Evenings at weekend except Sat) and then Weekend Liverpool sailings, Saturday being 6 hours in Liverpool (8-12 D-L, 18:00-22:00 L-D).

So from Jan-March for now, there will be no SPC ships in Douglas, until the Ben is Back, when I imagine our new normal ferry freind will run a slightly better service..... (I doubt the the Ben will be out for 2 1/2 months, unless they intend to do some more cut up work, I hope at least the bottleneck that goes between the old and new bits gets opening up)

I tried to book a week off island for february last week

On line there seemed to be no Friday heysham sailing

I phoned up and was told they were still entering the sailings on the computer and to try again in a week or two.

That's ok because February is a good 4 months off so no urgency there. It's not as though I have already booked accomodation and paid a deposit or anything

humphh

Cars? :blink: Proves the ships no good for it!

Interesting to note actually until 2003 SSC2 or 3 would still be operating until November 2nd or 3rd anyway.

I think it's just the hull's hitting the water, athough it does sound like you have landed on somthing solid, the vehicles seemed to be well secured with ratchet straps. The young kids took it the worst I think, dozens of them shouting for Huey, not a pleasant end to your hol's :(

Maybe I am insane to sail at this time of year, but the SP have fnucked me again.

I was due to sail out tonight at 19.45 to Heysham, but phoned up this morning at 8:45am to change my ticket to the Friday 8:45am sailing.

I went to pick up my ticket this afternoon & discovered that the dozy f***er had booked me onto the Thursday 8:45am sailing. Doh! Then she moaned about having to alter my ticket again! If she had done her job right in the first place and not booked me onto a boat that had already sailed, all this hassle wouldn't have occured.

Archived