more waste of money from Douglas city council

Omobono

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Black is white.

Or, as others have said it’s actually quite nice?

I am not sure why anyone would have an issue with that other than just because it’s been purchased with government money so people feel the need to moan.

37 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

It is more a work of art, rather than a functional item.

I assume the creator of this "installation" would describe it as "a random disposition of rectangles, each, although individual, coming together to form a harmonic relationship".

In my opinion, a couple of large-size, hairy-arsed, bikers sitting on the unsupported end are going to put a few cracks in one of those rectangles.

TBF, how more functional does it need to be other than to provide a ledge on which to park your rear at the ergonomic height? 

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

TBF, how more functional does it need to be other than to provide a ledge on which to park your rear at the ergonomic height? 

The functionality of this object depends on load. You assert that in your case the design is more than adequate.

But this is the Internet. Nothing is a it seems. You could, in fact, despite your user-name, be a hairy-arsed biker.

However, if you disagree with that, I will not argue with you. Photographic proof is not required.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

The functionality of this object depends on load. You assert that in your case the design is more than adequate.

But this is the Internet. Nothing is a it seems. You could, in fact, despite your user-name, be a hairy-arsed biker.

However, if you disagree with that, I will not argue with you. Photographic proof is not required.

I identify as Gladys, the hairy-arsed biker and you have no right to oppress me or deny me! I would like you to use the pronoun, 'Oi'.  Thank you. 

3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

It looks like something that may have been cobbled together from left-over materials from the shuttering for the new "Promenade Wall"...

• Thanks 1

It looks like the site that provides the prom Lamp standards passed their name onto a sister company doing 'concrete seating' !!!

Next it'll be all the Willaston and Pulrose houses being fitted with concrete worktops??? How chic!!!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I’ll dig the details out when I’m back as it came through our committee. Company, material, etc. I like how they look. 

functionality over form , ze vay ve like it.

• Haha 1